EVS carbon fiber lip / spoiler ... how's the fitment

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Curious about the fitment of the EVS (evasive motorsports) carbon fiber lip & spoiler. Those that went this route - I would love to hear about your experience.
Sponsored

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the version two of the lip, it’s very snug but the fitment isn’t terrible. Can’t say it’s perfect but close enough.

JayeGee

JaysCTR2528
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 EK HATCH EJ6 & 2017 CTR FK8
Country flag
I have version1 didn't have a issue but i have heard of other people having fitment issues just remember its aftermarket hit or miss.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
Couldn’t even put mine on since my v2 shipped to me with tons of issues. But I have seen it on other cars with fitment issues. You’d think for that kind of money that it would fit better since their V2 touted improved fitment.....

saint365

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I went thru both EVS V1 and V2 Front Lip and Splitter.

In my experience,
V1, It was super super tight fit, and my lower grille mesh wouldn't lock in and kept popping out. (Used it for about 2 years)

V2. Overall fitment was highly improved but lower grille mesh still would't lock in, so had to dremel on each tab area and now it is good. (Currently using it for 2 months)

In any aftermarket parts, they need to be modified to make it fit.
This is why OEM is the best :)

JayeGee

JaysCTR2528
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 EK HATCH EJ6 & 2017 CTR FK8
Country flag

In my experience,
V1, It was super super tight fit, and my lower grille mesh wouldn't lock in and kept popping out. (Used it for about 2 years)

V2. Overall fitment was highly improved but lower grille mesh still would't lock in, so had to dremel on each tab area and now it is good. (Currently using it for 2 months)

Yes v1 is a bit tight?✌

sokrispy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the spoiler, fitment is alright. There are four mounting holes, two on each side attaching the wing to the endplates. The drivers side bolts threaded without a problem but the passenger side gave me a massive headache. I'm pretty sure I ended up rethreading one of the holes as I was trying to bolt it down.

The plastic bolt covers on the bottom side of the wing also don't properly clip into place; there's maybe like a 1-2mm gap but it really isn't noticeable unless you're looking for them.

Overall I'm happy with the wing, it's subtle but makes the rear of the car look a lot more aggressive.

ctr1750

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r
Country flag

In my experience,

Hello saw your post and I’m having issues with my lower grill where exactly did you dremel ?

Honda Civic 10th gen EVS carbon fiber lip / spoiler ... how's the fitment 6D47B531-3A8D-4856-8E3B-001D4902D65B

ctr1750

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r
Country flag
Looks amazing even without a splitter. Is.it pretty secure with just the lip? Any concern with the bottom getting messed up?
Sorry I never saw this msg. It’s super secure and small scratches underneath but no cracks
Sponsored