Ever surprised by who you see driving an Si?

zakarybeach

First Name
Zakary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si - Sedan
Country flag
So I live outside of Pittsburgh, PA and probably see at least 1 10th gen Si a week. I always make an attempt to try and wave, head nod, something to my fellow Si drivers. Well I gotta say, I have been thoroughly surprised by the people I see driving them Lol. The last 6ish have all been ladies from 19-24ish (guesstimate), before that was a 70+ year old guy in the coupe, and even a few moms! I honestly havent seen a young guy driving an Si in a couple months. Has anyone else noticed this?! Absolutely no disrespect to the ladies and older folks!!!! :) I think its awesome that just about anyone from any demographic is attracted to our beautiful cars, just still always surprises me! Anyone else ever see unexpected drivers behind the wheel of our cars?? Happy wednesday folks!
Sponsored

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
I've seen several young women in Philly with sport compacts like the Si, MS3, and WRX, which is very cool. One had her WRX painted purple, and it was awesome.

In the current generation Si specifically, I was most surprised to see an elderly couple cruising through Philly in theirs. They had to be mid-70s. It was great to see.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think the reason you see a surprising amount of older drivers in Si's is the transmission. Older folks grew up driving manuals. A large portion of the younger crowd has only driven automatics.

Last edited:

bakingpancake

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2018
Country flag
Yes! I actually see older people drive si's rather than younger people. Saw an old fella with a sedan going 70 on a 50 haha. It's always cool seeing other si's and them actually waving at you or flashing at them saying hi haha.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
I've only seen guys in the 25-45 range driving Si sedans, and pretty much all ladies driving the coupes.
The ladies like em :cool: Nothing wrong with that. I've only seen young dudes driving Si's so far. I'm kind of an old fart being in my early 40s.. But I love my coupe. Even though I should be driving a Camry or something like that :D

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
The ladies like em :cool: Nothing wrong with that. I've only seen young dudes driving Si's so far.
I stand corrected. Mostly ladies. Also one whiny bitch from NY. ;)

adammm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm from about 50 miles south of Pittsburgh, and I only see dudes driving them.
Such a shame.

adammm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm from about 50 miles south of Pittsburgh, and I only see dudes driving them.
Such a shame.

willowcairns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Acura TLX ASPEC SH-AWD, 2009 Acura TL Tech
Country flag
Yeah i usually see older people in 10th gen Si's but younger ones in earlier generations.

vieux georges

First Name
georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017civic si coupe
Country flag
Here, in Saint JĂ©rome, there are many women who drive SI.
I saw 4 of them driving 10 th Si coupé, I spoke during few minutes,
with one of them, about 45 years old.
There are probably others driving sedans but I dont see them
because my eye is attracted by the coupés.
In addition, I have seen many women driving previous generations of SI,
especially theK20s, including a neighbour, and also K24s.

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Here, in Saint JĂ©rome, there are many women who drive SI.
I saw 4 of them driving 10 th Si coupé, I spoke during few minutes,
with one of them, about 45 years old.
There are probably others driving sedans but I dont see them
because my eye is attracted by the coupés.
In addition, I have seen many women driving previous generations of SI,
especially theK20s, including a neighbour, and also K24s.
Hey le Québécois!
Agreed, for me here the Si's on the road are mostly older gen and almost all young dudes with the exception of a couple of young ladies from time to time. I've yet to see someone older than me driving an Si

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
So I live outside of Pittsburgh, PA and probably see at least 1 10th gen Si a week. I always make an attempt to try and wave, head nod, something to my fellow Si drivers. Well I gotta say, I have been thoroughly surprised by the people I see driving them Lol. The last 6ish have all been ladies from 19-24ish (guesstimate), before that was a 70+ year old guy in the coupe, and even a few moms! I honestly havent seen a young guy driving an Si in a couple months. Has anyone else noticed this?! Absolutely no disrespect to the ladies and older folks!!!! :) I think its awesome that just about anyone from any demographic is attracted to our beautiful cars, just still always surprises me! Anyone else ever see unexpected drivers behind the wheel of our cars?? Happy wednesday folks!
Around Philly it's almost exclusively guys in their 20s I see and only some notice/wave back lol

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve seen more coupes than sedans and about an even split on a guy or woman. Most all have looked 30-40ish range. Not one has ever even looked at me. Bunch of people with the gear shift stuck up their

I see the typical boy racers in the Subaru’s, frs/brz, and hyundais. Those bastards ALWAYS want to play. Another Si, it’s like violins are playing and I’m being asked to pass the grey f-n poupon.

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Whenever I see someone driving a Si sedan it is usually a younger female.
Sponsored