Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
So I was installing the eventuri intake over this weekend.

Main point: Did anyone else struggle a lot with getting the scoop lined up to this hole properly? The scoop is in flush to the metal bracket, though sits a bit to the left (still under the oil tubes though). I tried to adjust it to sit perfectly over the hole in the bottom of the intake and it just wont sit perfectly, it pushes up on the intake even though the scoop is 100% in properly. I roughly followed fatherpain's guidance and was able to get it in, and he also mentioned how to adjust it by loosening the bolt and pushing the scoop leftwards, but that's all while having both intake bolts loosened all the way, and while pulling it off the mount at the bottom. It's just a lot for one person and there's not enough room for a second pair of hands.

Had a ton of struggles (getting the scoop in actually was among the least of my issues). Getting the silicon tube on was a huge pain in the ass, I'd put it on one end (either charge pipe side or intake side) and the other end of the silicon wouldn't go over the tube properly. After some elbow grease and effort I got it in but it took so long for what it was. Luckily nothing broke, I tuned it, I'm getting solid temps, full boost (and then some), and the car overall feels smoother and makes a more desirable noise up front. Very happy with the end result, not so happy with the difficulty of the installation process and the variety that can result.

Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Scoop help image0
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hatchi

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
More elbow grease it is. Who doesn't enjoy a little suffering for the new year, I'm in. If I come up with any tricks I'll put em here for future people in need.

Brandondan1

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 91 Civic Si
Country flag
I still can't get the bottom tube centered perfectly. Not sure if it's contributing to higher IAT2 by not being sealed well there.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s probably not an issue being off center, unless you can feel a gap between the air box opening and scoop.

Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Scoop help 6E51E421-40A4-44DF-A4DC-5B4AB0DA0F58

should be a sealing gasket down there as well, that should make up for some degree of offset.

OP
OP
Hatchi

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
It’s probably not an issue being off center, unless you can feel a gap between the air box opening and scoop.

should be a sealing gasket down there as well, that should make up for some degree of offset.
Yeah on the left side close to the downpipe there is a gap that air can get through. I stick a flashlight down there and can see the light inside the scoop tube as I pass by it. To be fair its a small gap, but a gap near the hottest part of the engine bay.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Yeah on the left side close to the downpipe there is a gap that air can get through. I stick a flashlight down there and can see the light inside the scoop tube as I pass by it. To be fair its a small gap, but a gap near the hottest part of the engine bay.
i checked mine with a light to make sure also when i installed mine and saw no visible light escaping.

OP
OP
Hatchi

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
i checked mine with a light to make sure also when i installed mine and saw no visible light escaping.
Yeah mine definitely needs adjustment, id be happy just to get the light to stop passing through, but I want a perfect seal. It's an expensive component so I just wanna get it right ?

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There should be some adjustment to the scoop and possibly the box.

Suggest loosening the fastening hardware, adjust, then retighten when in a good spot.

Yeah mine definitely needs adjustment, id be happy just to get the light to stop passing through, but I want a perfect seal. It's an expensive component so I just wanna get it right ?

Project-09373

First Name
Chris B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RD7 | FK8 | YZF-R1
Country flag
If you put your finger down to the bottom tube (through the main airbox opening), and run them along the rim to where the two pieces meet, are they sitting flush against each other?

I ran into this same issue as well, took a bit of finessing.

Hope that makes sense.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
loosen the 2 bolts holding the air box.
then i stuck my hand in the air box and guided the bottom opening to the scoop seal and held it there while i tightened the two 10mm bolts.

this is how my scoop looks position wise.
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri Intake Scoop help 1641492136353

OP
OP
Hatchi

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
I ended up getting it with some help from the wife. Tightening down the bolt near the bottom takes a low of elbow grease, and I didn't have good leverage from where I was pushing the scoop (arm in right behind the radiator, under hoses etc.).

What worked for me was loosening both bolts, pulling up to get the airbox off the rubber mount area, and then pushing the scoop to the right, but also towards me, and pushing down hard on the lower bolt while turning to get it to bite. Then torque to your heart's content. That got it to be pretty flush, and now no light is visible when shined outside the scoop.

Aka: we got it baby, it's in!

I do suffer from the same severe gap (mine honestly looks worse than yours fatherpain) where the rubber seal is for the hood, but since eventuri said prob not a big deal, I'll believe em just this once.
Sponsored