www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Now that ethanol content is lower, you're not running out of fuel pressure, which is good; but it's still adding 5-8% fuel at WOT via short term trim. The MAF scaling is off at those loads.

Also, there's probably another 30hp hiding in there.

OP
OP

CG2FC3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Now that ethanol content is lower, you're not running out of fuel pressure, which is good; but it's still adding 5-8% fuel at WOT via short term trim. The MAF scaling is off at those loads.

Also, there's probably another 30hp hiding in there.
Thanks Derek for taking the time to check out my logs. Here is one more if you want to it check out. Ethanol is at 34%.

Attachments

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks Derek for taking the time to check out my logs. Here is one more if you want to it check out. Ethanol is at 34%.
All in all if this is your finished tune then it’s not living up to it’s hidden potential

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
There's still a 3-5% STFT at WOT, but it's better.

As I stated earlier, the tune is super soft for ethanol. There is a bunch of power on the table there that isn't being taken advantage of.

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
This is starting to turn around in a good way, considering that OP's tune isn't finished. I might pull the trigger on E-Tunez as well now, with no consideration for maximum power or flex fuel, just want a performance daily that I can occasionally thrash on at the track a couple times a year.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is starting to turn around in a good way, considering that OP's tune isn't finished. I might pull the trigger on E-Tunez as well now, with no consideration for maximum power or flex fuel, just want a performance daily that I can occasionally thrash on at the track a couple times a year.
I think you are taking away the wrong information from this thread. I would run run run from that. If he had to come here to get others to look at his logs to make his original tuner make the tune better, wouldnt you rather go with the tuner who is doing right the first time? And if you dont want max power, you talk to your tuner about your goals and work from there. You get what you pay for, and for $125 you end up with a crap tune. Its not all about the power it makes, it about the quality of the tune. You want a smooth good driving car too.

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I think you are taking away the wrong information from this thread. I would run run run from that. If he had to come here to get others to look at his logs to make his original tuner make the tune better, wouldnt you rather go with the tuner who is doing right the first time? And if you dont want max power, you talk to your tuner about your goals and work from there. You get what you pay for, and for $125 you end up with a crap tune. Its not all about the power it makes, it about the quality of the tune. You want a smooth good driving car too.
E-tunez is pretty well reputed in the 8th and 9th community and I believe Vit even worked with them previously, I just wanted to see how they handle the 10th gen platform and it sounds like OP wants to double check if everything's in line as well. I understand and try my best to follow "buy once cry once", but the price difference is pretty strong, again, understanding that the upfront cost might save me an engine and turbo.

So far I have seen absolutely 0 comment about the quality and responsiveness of any tune, just the typical canned responses such as "night and day difference" and "so much more power." I am in no rush for a tune though, BMSPEC (their "Circuit Heart 2" time attack car) is looking at Derek for a custom tune in the future and I'll be looking forward to their breakdown.

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin
That's why you're still on my radar ;) Etunez might be tempting, but your knowledge of this platform seems to be unrivaled now.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's why you're still on my radar ;) Etunez might be tempting, but your knowledge of this platform seems to be unrivaled now.
Etunez should be far from tempting

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

I also got my tune from Steve at Etunez, this is the datalog from the final tune. I just asked for a simple reliable tune which is only 23psi peak.

Nostake

First Name
jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
i get that derrick is the best, but i can tell you revision 1 from steve will be better than the canned tunes you get from K-tuner and he is VERY responsive to emails, datalogs,revisions, questions etc. is derrick better, ive heard everyone agree to that on these boards so i have to think he is, but is he 400% better.....i HIGHLY doubt it. i am on revision 7 with steve and from what i can tell we are almost done, i have more power, the car drives better (smoother) AND i got an increase in MPG over stage 2 ktuner. Granted i find his style of tunning to be overly conservative, and he probably more familiar and thus better with Hondata but the guy has been tunning for over 10 years and has a fairly good reputation on every other place i could find mention of him except here.
Sponsored

Last edited: