ETunez Review

CG2FC3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys, this is my first post to this forum. I just wanted to give my honest review of Steve at http://www.e-tunez.com I decided to get tuned by Steve because I had seen in other forums that he was really recommended and at the time I bought the tune he had a special for 10th gens for $129. First off, Steve is really helpful with answering any questions you may have at any point during the tuning process. I'm new to tuning and would ask really noob questions. But, every question I had would be answered with a detailed explanation. He is pretty quick on replying. I would send a datalog in the morning and have a revision in the afternoon. With every revision he would send, he would include a summary of what adjustments were made which I thought was pretty cool. I was originally running Vit's Stage 1 map before going with Steve and the difference is night and day (which is to be expected being a custom tune). Steve was very thorough when making any minor adjustments for each revision. So far I'm at 13 revisions running PLM pipes, custom exhaust, Injen CAI, and TSP's flex fuel kit and the car feels really strong all the way up the RPM range. In a few months I'm hoping to install PRL's Intercooler and hit up Steve again to re tune my car.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, this is my first post to this forum. I just wanted to give my honest review of Steve at http://www.e-tunez.com I decided to get tuned by Steve because I had seen in other forums that he was really recommended and at the time I bought the tune he had a special for 10th gens for $129. First off, Steve is really helpful with answering any questions you may have at any point during the tuning process. I'm new to tuning and would ask really noob questions. But, every question I had would be answered with a detailed explanation. He is pretty quick on replying. I would send a datalog in the morning and have a revision in the afternoon. With every revision he would send, he would include a summary of what adjustments were made which I thought was pretty cool. I was originally running Vit's Stage 1 map before going with Steve and the difference is night and day (which is to be expected being a custom tune). Steve was very thorough when making any minor adjustments for each revision. So far I'm at 13 revisions running PLM pipes, custom exhaust, Injen CAI, and TSP's flex fuel kit and the car feels really strong all the way up the RPM range. In a few months I'm hoping to install PRL's Intercooler and hit up Steve again to re tune my car.
Should link some datalogs of WOT's pulls

OP
OP

CG2FC3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Should link some datalogs of WOT's pulls
Here is the last datalog that I sent over.
"Rev13: Tune came out perfect here, AFR's STFT and
LTFT all spot on, the ignition changes and knock counts were
also spot on, tracking properly with ethanol content and
knock counts were still nice and low. Minor 0.5 degree
adjustment to Ethanol IGN tables for a bit more power but
otherwise all done for now :)"

Attachments

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
damn only $130 bucks for an E-tune? I have talked to him before

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A peek inside for anyone interested...

77% Ethanol

Honda Civic 10th gen ETunez Review snapshot

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have 0 technical knowledge about tuning. Other than the ethanol, is everything else in line?
77% Ethanol :rofl::rofl::rofl: HELL yeah somethings wrong!

OP
OP

CG2FC3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
77% Ethanol :rofl::rofl::rofl: HELL yeah somethings wrong!
This is what Steve told me when I intially asked about tuning for flex fuel.

No problem, we can do that, it is a bit of work as we have to tune it on E10 and then on the highest E you will run (85?) and then it will track properly for E30.

I'm a noob when it comes to tuning. Is it bad for the engine to run with too high of an ethanol content?

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
This is what Steve told me when I intially asked about tuning for flex fuel.

No problem, we can do that, it is a bit of work as we have to tune it on E10 and then on the highest E you will run (85?) and then it will track properly for E30.

I'm a noob when it comes to tuning. Is it bad for the engine to run with too high of an ethanol content?
There are no gains above E30 on this platform I believe

OP
OP

CG2FC3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
There are no gains above E30 on this platform I believe
I did see that on a thread here, I don't know why it would be bad run higher ethanol content other than not making more power. It was just for the first few revisions that Steve requested I run up to E85. I have been running E30-E40

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I have 0 technical knowledge about tuning. Other than the ethanol, is everything else in line?
It appears that his fuel pressure was dropping and unable to reach the target command, looking at the datalog there.

I did see that on a thread here, I don't know why it would be bad run higher ethanol content other than not making more power.
Because of the above ^^^

OP
OP

CG2FC3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I guess I answered my own question huh lol. I'm going to try at get another datalog later today so you guys can check it out. I'm currently running 56% ethanol(I put a little too much ethanol lol).

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I guess I answered my own question huh lol. I'm going to try at get another datalog later today so you guys can check it out. I'm currently running 56% ethanol(I put a little too much ethanol lol).
It's definitely good to review, but I can't imagine the tuner would be OK with it if you're still dropping fuel pressure in your logs.