First Name
vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Hi,

I have this Fault code on my car. (Honda civic si 2017)
P0300 : engine has a misfire that is not related to only one cylinder.
P0302 : indication that cylinder 2 is misfiring and is not getting the necessary spark to its spark plug.
P0303 : indication that cylinder 3 is misfiring and is not getting the necessary spark to its spark plug.
P0304 : indication that cylinder 4 is misfiring and is not getting the necessary spark to its spark plug.
P2096 : Powertrain Control Module (PCM) has received data from the oxygen sensors in the exhaust system that there is an excess of
air and shortage of fuel within the number one cylinder.

After 15 min. of driving, the check engine (already on) start flashing and the car lost his power. If I restart the car, I'm ok for 15min before the start engine restart to flash and lost of power.

I already have change the Sparkplugs, but the problem is still happening.

I have a Bluetooth OBD2 reader (TorquePro)

I was thinking about the fuel pressure Sensor or O2 sensor, can I check if they work good with the ''Torque Pro'' application?

On this car how many O2 sensor do I have? I think 2 , 1 before catalytic, and one after. let me know if I'm right.

Do you have idea about test i can make to diagnose the problem.

Thank you for your help.
Sponsored

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Hi,

I have this Fault code on my car. (Honda civic si 2017)
P0300 : engine has a misfire that is not related to only one cylinder.
P0302 : indication that cylinder 2 is misfiring and is not getting the necessary spark to its spark plug.
P0303 : indication that cylinder 3 is misfiring and is not getting the necessary spark to its spark plug.
P0304 : indication that cylinder 4 is misfiring and is not getting the necessary spark to its spark plug.
P2096 : Powertrain Control Module (PCM) has received data from the oxygen sensors in the exhaust system that there is an excess of
air and shortage of fuel within the number one cylinder.

After 15 min. of driving, the check engine (already on) start flashing and the car lost his power. If I restart the car, I'm ok for 15min before the start engine restart to flash and lost of power.

I already have change the Sparkplugs, but the problem is still happening.

I have a Bluetooth OBD2 reader (TorquePro)

I was thinking about the fuel pressure Sensor or O2 sensor, can I check if they work good with the ''Torque Pro'' application?

On this car how many O2 sensor do I have? I think 2 , 1 before catalytic, and one after. let me know if I'm right.

Do you have idea about test i can make to diagnose the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Sounds identical to my injector issue I had on my 2018 only mine was cylinder 2. Is the car stock?

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
I would definitely be leaning towards injector issue above all else. This platforms 02 sensors on factory equipment have not been problematic (or documented anyway). The codes for the oxygen sensors are likely a secondary issue caused by an injector that is clogged/failing.

You would think you would be seeing "system lean" codes. I assumed this anyway with mine but the car was coding everywhere that is was rich, just to give you more information.

Next step would be if you know someone with a bore scope you can look in the cylinder at the injector tip. There will be carbon buildup visible in the tip of the injector if its the issue.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Could be the fuel pump. Have you ever run the car completely out of fuel?
That can damage the pump where it can't keep up with demand. Does the problem happen faster under high load, wide throttle?

OP
OP

Legervi

First Name
vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Your car is all stock and is a 2017, you should still have powertrain warranty remaining. Let your friendly Honda dealer deal with this.
I don't think I am under warranty because I have 150000 km on the car.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I don't think I am under warranty because I have 150000 km on the car.
I'd check with Honda, anyway. Might cost you a diagnostic fee. Wasn't there a 6 year powertrain warranty extension? Might be American only, not sure.

OP
OP

Legervi

First Name
vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I would definitely be leaning towards injector issue above all else. This platforms 02 sensors on factory equipment have not been problematic (or documented anyway). The codes for the oxygen sensors are likely a secondary issue caused by an injector that is clogged/failing.

You would think you would be seeing "system lean" codes. I assumed this anyway with mine but the car was coding everywhere that is was rich, just to give you more information.

Next step would be if you know someone with a bore scope you can look in the cylinder at the injector tip. There will be carbon buildup visible in the tip of the injector if its the issue.
But for injector problem, i think the problem will be permanent, the engine light start flashing after 15 min, but last week it was ok for a 1.5hour drive on the highway before the engine light start flashing, this problem is not constant.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But for injector problem, i think the problem will be permanent, the engine light start flashing after 15 min, but last week it was ok for a 1.5hour drive on the highway before the engine light start flashing, this problem is not constant.
It was not for me either. I could go a week without issue, then every few days, then every other day, and then it was constant.

Being its random multiple it could also be carbon buildup on the valve seats causing compression loss.. these cars have light valve spring pressures to reduce friction... wouldn't take much i imagine.
... also can be checked with a bore scope.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
It was not for me either. I could go a week without issue, then every few days, then every other day, and then it was constant.

Being its random multiple it could also be carbon buildup on the valve seats causing compression loss.. these cars have light valve spring pressures to reduce friction... wouldn't take much i imagine.
... also can be checked with a bore scope.
This is a very similar issue with the 2006 thru 2008 IS250 reaching near 100K caused by carbon buildup due to this model only having DI. Actually it's almost exactly the same. There are a few solutions that usually fix this problem...walnut shell blasting, using Seafoam, or believe it not, decarbonizing using water

Several members on Clublexus recommend that last method, although I don't know if this would work on the 1.5L

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
It's like 300$ for a set of new injectors. I'd reccomend replacing them.

OP
OP

Legervi

First Name
vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Update : I bring the car to the dealer for a complete checkup.
They call one day after to let me know that the spark plug was not the good, they said to me that Honda have released a new note about that and because of that it will be under warranty.

One day after that, they call me to let me know that the problem have come back.
They said to me they have to check the injector and before that they have to make a valve check on the car (400$ CAD) to be able to check the injector….. Not sure about the link between the 2 point.

Today they call me to let me know that they have to change the 4 injectors, the rail, and the fuel pump…. (1600$CAD)

For me it looks like they don't know what they are doing... I'm going to call back and asking the test they have made to diagnose injectors problems? the test for the rail?(I really don't understand how the rail can become a problem...…??) And the test for the fuel PUMP?

What I think is that maybe only the gas filter is clug....

Just to let you know, The car is new from the end of 2017 and it have 150 000kilos.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Are you able to to change the 4 injectors, and fuel pump yourself?
If their doing the work, they want to do a through job that won't cause them a 'do over'.
If you're doing the job, their approach might be firing the parts cannon at it.
A compression check would tell you if there's a tight/leaking valve, But at 150.k, a valve adjustment wouldn't hurt,
I don't think the dealer's screwing you, Their just expensive, and want to do a through job that they can stand behind. And not have you bring the car back because they didn't cover everything in the fuel system.
Then they'd have to answer to 'why didn't you guys do a proper job?'.

OP
OP

Legervi

First Name
vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Are you able to to change the 4 injectors, and fuel pump yourself?
If their doing the work, they want to do a through job that won't cause them a 'do over'.
If you're doing the job, their approach might be firing the parts cannon at it.
A compression check would tell you if there's a tight/leaking valve, But at 150.k, a valve adjustment wouldn't hurt,
I don't think the dealer's screwing you, Their just expensive, and want to do a through job that they can stand behind. And not have you bring the car back because they didn't cover everything in the fuel system.
Then they'd have to answer to 'why didn't you guys do a proper job?'.
Yes I'am able to change fuel pump and injector.
I think I will ask the dealer if he have done a fuel pressure test, if yes I will ask for the result, if bad i will start by changing fuel filter. If the problem still here I will go for fuel pump.

If the dealer answer me that the fuel pressure test is good, I will go with the replacement of fuel injectors.

Lennysam

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic si Coupe
Country flag
sometimes honda dealers arent that reliable , i had a intake problem causing my car to go into limp mode at WOT , and brought to a honda dealer and first they ended up changing the sparks ,injectors ,and coil packs because they couldnt diagnose that the intake was causing problem because of AFR , and then when they put my stock intake back on they did a sloppy job and didn't even bolt my intake back in fully

just make sure they dont f you lol
Sponsored