Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Any idea how much ethanol our stock fuel systems can handle?
This highly depends on that power you are pushing. As far as stock tune goes, the manual says do not use gasoline with more than 15% of ethanol.

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Ethanol blows!!! Ever wonder why your boat, lawn mower, weed wacker, snow blower' leaf blower and on and on and on won't start and run well? Let it sit in your car for about 4 months and let me know how that works out for ya.

Reactions: B$$

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This highly depends on that power you are pushing. As far as stock tune goes, the manual says do not use gasoline with more than 15% of ethanol.
Thanks
That's the answer I was looking for.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
As I understand it, it's a temporary measure only affecting 2300 gas stations. During some months of the year, these stations already sell 15%.

Looks like a lot of headline without any substantial impact.
That's it in a nutshell to my understanding. The majority of stations aren't even set up to sell E15 because it's not normally allowed to be sold year round. This is just temporary and will only impact a small portion of stations and areas.

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Ethanol blows!!! Ever wonder why your boat, lawn mower, weed wacker, snow blower' leaf blower and on and on and on won't start and run well? Let it sit in your car for about 4 months and let me know how that works out for ya.
This car loves ethanol. You don't run your boat, lawn mower, weed wacker etc nearly as much as you run your car. It's really hard to get old ethanol on a car unless you try

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
This car loves ethanol. You don't run your boat, lawn mower, weed wacker etc nearly as much as you run your car. It's really hard to get old ethanol on a car unless you try
What if someone has 2 seasonal houses and they have that garbage in their car, leave for 6 months and come back and the car doesn't run well?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
What if someone has 2 seasonal houses and they have that garbage in their car, leave for 6 months and come back and the car doesn't run well?
I leave regular 10% ethanol gas in my generator year round. I top off the tank in June and start it about once every other month to exercise it for about 30 minutes.

I leave the same fuel in my riding mower year round as well. It sits for two to three months at a time, outside, over the winter. Starts no problem.

Similarly, I've never drained the tank on my weedeater. It starts like it always has from day 1.

Somehow, I've never had a problem with ethanol fuel, in spite of all of the urban tales about it dissolving engines and plugging up fuel systems. I can see where it might cause issues in a carb that's vented to atmosphere, allowing the fuel to absorb water. Definitely not an issue on a closed fuel system, though. I keep around 30 gallons of fuel on hand (for the generator) and cycle through the cans for yard work. Some of it is two years old. If those goofy ass government approved gas cans are good for anything, they at least seal well.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Something tells me your facebook filled with conspiracy links and quotes from obscure internet news sites.
Sponsored