Average Joeee

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Ok so I live in PA around 15801 area code can I run catless dp or is this sort of thing not aloud how would I go about finding whether I can or cant? Ive been told I can they dont do emission testing but people have been telling me you needs cats mufflers etc around here to pass inspections and shit.
Sponsored

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Take a look at your state's dmv website and find your county. It looks like a lot of counties have an anti-tampering inspection, so they'll look for the cat and fail you if they don't see it.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
It has been illegal to run an exhaust without a catalytic converter since the ‘90s. That’s a Federal EPA mandate, not a State one, though States can get more restrictive (California) if they want.

Some places will do a visual inspection. So some have installed a ‘cheater’ pipe that looks like a catalytic converter but is straight-through inside. What a fair shop looks for is, are you even trying? If your exhaust smells like ass, and is dripping fuel out the tip, count on failing for sure. If your tune is tight enough that it runs with the minimal amount of wastage, you’re usually good. All bets are off if they use an exhaust sniffer though.

Joelgold

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Ok so I live in PA around 15801 area code can I run catless dp or is this sort of thing not aloud how would I go about finding whether I can or cant? Ive been told I can they dont do emission testing but people have been telling me you needs cats mufflers etc around here to pass inspections and shit.
Just run it. Many counties here there is no EPA over-reach like the CCP of California or Canada.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Depends on county allowances. Get a catted dp and you may receive more help.

The performance difference between catted or not is small enough to be closed by a tune and good tires. If your vehicle can pass inspection you stand a better chance of legally reselling (disclosure requirement) in the future without the frustration or expense of swapping pipes.

If you're that much of a power maximalist, you started with the wrong car.
Sponsored