EOS Window visor clips potentially damaging the rubber liner?

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
I just got a set of EOS Visor Mugen style window visors that uses clips.

In the video, they instruct to pull the rubber liner. Insert the clip. Then push the liner back.

After the install, I noticed the glass pushes up and deforms the rubber liner. After removing the clips and leaving the windows open, seems like they're not reforming back to shape.

It's weird, thought I'd ask. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Honda Civic 10th gen EOS Window visor clips potentially damaging the rubber liner? 20200326_235131

Honda Civic 10th gen EOS Window visor clips potentially damaging the rubber liner? 20200326_235200

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Did you pull the liner all the way out and then inserted the clip? If done correctly you shouldn’t have any issues with the rubber deforming

OP
OP
Donkeyhotay123

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Yes, they were seated correctly when I attached the visors. I didn't notice the messed up liner for about a week or so.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking at that picture it looks like it did not seat properly the first time. I had to take mine in and out a couple times to get it to seat right on each one . Now what's happened in yours is the heat over time made it stay. But, I think if you leave them off, or have something to temporarily force them into the correct position the sun heat should reform them. Another option would be a heat gun or hairdryer and massaging the rubber but obviously don't melt it. It can go back though.

OP
OP
Donkeyhotay123

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
I think you might be right on the money. I tried a hair drier on one and it seems to have "fixed" itself. The job would be massively easier if I remove the visor. So looks like I'm going to have to wait for some 3M

OP
OP
Donkeyhotay123

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
How are they doing now, don't want to pay $145 for Honda ones or $200 for Mugen either?
Doing really well! They've held up. I've also neglected to say that EOS was absolutely fantastic. They gave me some pointers and even offered to send me replacement sections for my trouble, but I didn't take it since the problem kinda resolved itself.

So far they've been kickass.

What I'd really like are In-Channel visors. But like window louvers, they don't make it for hatchback.

Zpeedster M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the review. I ordered a set from Amazon $42.99. I wasn't into window guards from the looks but since the crazy vacuum sound you get if rear windows are open but fronts are not and if you are driving hard you can have the ac on or the condenser will eventually fail but it's summer so mandatory windows have to be open so this purchase is a no-brainer.

Doing really well! They've held up. I've also neglected to say that EOS was absolutely fantastic. They gave me some pointers and even offered to send me replacement sections for my trouble, but I didn't take it since the problem kinda resolved itself.

So far they've been kickass.

What I'd really like are In-Channel visors. But like window louvers, they don't make it for hatchback.

OP
OP
Donkeyhotay123

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Ugh the vacuum sound. I got a sunroof on mine. By golly ima use it!

Another problem I experienced beforehand was driving somewhere above 50mph would result in a soft wind howling sound like a low "wooOooOoo" from the driver side window. This didn't really bother me until it started raining. That wooling sound turned into a low water burbling sound like someone slowly sucking water in their mouth. Super annoying.

Visors fixed it. So there's probably a loose fit somewhere on the upper edge of the window seals.

Tradeoff is washing the car requires you to clean under the visor. Oh well.

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just wanted to ask for another update. How are they holding up? I've been wanting to get EOS visors, but I only see the ones with the chrome trim that are available for the clip on style. They have one without that chrome trim, but I'm really trying to avoid the tape on.

OP
OP
Donkeyhotay123

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Still holding well. The clips are only supplementary. The visors are still held on by tape

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I think you might be right on the money. I tried a hair drier on one and it seems to have "fixed" itself. The job would be massively easier if I remove the visor. So looks like I'm going to have to wait for some 3M
Looks like I made the same mistake you did on my back left window. ?. I have to look for a hair dryer with an extension. But I'm glad your post was here so I can at least fix that mistake.

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just installed these visors a couple of days ago. Has anyone encountered any creaking or squeaking from the visors? Especially when opening the doors from the inside. Almost like the visors are flexing and making noise.

Also put me as another who ditched the clips and just using the 3M tape lol Those flimsy things werent doing anything anyway.

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just installed these visors a couple of days ago. Has anyone encountered any creaking or squeaking from the visors? Especially when opening the doors from the inside. Almost like the visors are flexing and making noise.

Also put me as another who ditched the clips and just using the 3M tape lol Those flimsy things werent doing anything anyway.
I haven't heard that on mine. That's odd.

OP
OP
Donkeyhotay123

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Has anyone encountered any creaking or squeaking from the visors? Especially when opening the doors from the inside. Almost like the visors are flexing and making noise.
Thats a wierd one bro

Im using both clips and tape. Makes me feel better
Sponsored

Last edited: