Enjoy your coupes while they last

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
The 2.0 Turbo Sport looks really clean.
It looks like a Hyundai in the back, Lexus ugly waterfall grille in the front but the interior does look nice. Its the exterior that lets this Accord down.
Sponsored

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Wonder how that engine will take to tuning and how exactly it's different from the R's 2.0

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, Previously 2016 EX-L (50k miles)
Country flag
For many, this will be the model between the Si and the Type R they've been looking for. Suddenly, there's less need for a stripped-down Type R or a luxury-trimmed version of the Si.
This will certainly draw some attention from buyers who were considering/wishing for either of those two trims. But I have a feeling this will cost more than $30k, given the current price of the V6 trims and may be out of range for many.

HondasRun4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
I don't have any interest in buying an Accord, so no biggie. But if they quit making Civic coupes.... that would be heartbreaking.

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I don't have any interest in buying an Accord, so no biggie. But if they quit making Civic coupes.... that would be heartbreaking.
The Civic coupe is the last remaining FWD compact coupe since the Scion tC and Kia Forte Koup were discontinued last year. I'd be very surprised if it survives past the 10th generation.

Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback - Rallye Red, 1997 Civic HX Coupe 5 Speed Manual - Milano Red (sold)
It seems like I'm in the minority but I think it looks sharp, especially in this picture. I dig the similar design it shares with the Civic in the area in front of the C-pillar.

I have a feeling that as we see more pictures, more people will warm up to the design.

Honda Civic 10th gen Enjoy your coupes while they last Honda Accord 2018.JPG

HondasRun4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
The Civic coupe is the last remaining FWD compact coupe since the Scion tC and Kia Forte Koup were discontinued last year. I'd be very surprised if it survives past the 10th generation.
Well, the day I'm forced into buying an ugly sedan/hatch is the day I downgrade to a Fit. :(

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
My first new car was a 86 Accord LX-i hatch. Has there ever been a Accord introduction that didn't call it ugly, bland boring etc... They always seem to look OK in the flesh and they will sell a gazillion of them..

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3 GT 6 speed
Barebones? Hatch has 6 speed in LX, Sport and Type R (Touring). They can easily update that for 2018 to more models.
Somehow I think it's a possibility for 2018. Maybe the reason Honda didn't offer the Sport Touring Hatch in the U.S is because of legal issues pairing a manual and Honda sensing features? Maybe since all that is worked out (see Fit & Accord) Honda will offer it.

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3 GT 6 speed
Yes, the 2.0T Touring will be close to the V6 Touring now, $34-$35k

The 2.0T Sport will probably be $25-$26

For me, I like the EX because of all the options you get and value. If I want the 2.0T which I would love, I'll have to start at the EX-L to still get those amenities.

The only thing so far that I wish it had is the digital speedo like the Civic and CRV have. Hopefully there is an option to change that within the display.
There is an option to change that within the display.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't like the way that touchscreen looks like a tablet tacked onto the dash with velcro, and the tail lights are a disaster. They should've left that lower bit of tail light on the trunk lid out.

Why couldn't they just produce a decent looking car like their Concept C ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Enjoy your coupes while they last IMG_1839.JPG

Chriskillz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I don't like the way that touchscreen looks like a tablet tacked onto the dash with velcro, and the tail lights are a disaster. They should've left that lower bit of tail light on the trunk lid out.

Why couldn't they just produce a decent looking car like their Concept C ?

IMG_1839.JPG
That's decent looking? Looks so try hard to be futuristic. Like how Toyota made the Prius Prime. So ugly imo.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's decent looking? Looks so try hard to be futuristic. Like how Toyota made the Prius Prime. So ugly imo.

If they actually put it into production it would no longer be futuristic :)

I like the looks myself, the rear end seems more cohesive than the new Accord.
Sponsored