Enjoy your coupes while they last

CDub_1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L Navi, 1995 Accord EX-L
Country flag
I still think the current Accord coupe looks really sharp. It’s a shame it’s all over now. A coupe version of the new gen might be a lot more attractive than the sedan, who’s styling is all over the place.

And yes, the Civic coupe is a slow seller but it’s now the only coupe Honda makes. I don’t see it going anywhere anytime soon.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
- It definitely looks huge (hence why I was hoping for a Coupe). I'm sure the average consumer will love the interior room, but I hope the market is starting to hit the brakes on making cars bigger and bigger. Our Civics already has a rear seat that's hard to complain about
The 2018 Accord is about 1/2" shorter than the previous gen. Wheelbase is about 2" longer though.

scott51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X gen touring coupe
No offense - but isn't it too early to be deciding you'll be buying the '18 Accord. You might want to wait until its released and you can test drive it before proclaiming it to be your next car.

And if you're buying it based on the photos released so far, well, I'm at a total loss for words. I had great hopes for the '18 Accord release but Honda really blew it with the exterior design big time.
They got a homerun with the Civic and struck out with the Accord.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
They got a homerun with the Civic and struck out with the Accord.
It's 100% personal opinion. In some ways, I think the Accord looks better than the Civic.:umbrella:

It's really classy looking, IMO. They'll continue to sell a ton of Accords. You'll get used to the looks. If they make a Prelude that's even more sporty than they could/would have done with an Accord coupe, it'll be a hit.

dragynslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport w/ HS
Country flag
Somehow I think it's a possibility for 2018. Maybe the reason Honda didn't offer the Sport Touring Hatch in the U.S is because of legal issues pairing a manual and Honda sensing features? Maybe since all that is worked out (see Fit & Accord) Honda will offer it.
i believe the sport touring manual in Canada has all the Honda Sensing features except their Adaptive Cruise Control does not have low speed follow (makes sense, since not sure how you can get the manual to a complete stop on it's own)

dragynslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I resemble that remark!

IMG_1007.JPG
nice~ my friend had a CRZ and it was a headturner. took it on long road trips. but he traded it in for a ..HR_V which he regretted so he quickly traded that for a 2016 honda coupe and hasn't regretted that one. but i know he misses that crz- at times. a manual hybrid is unique

clayky

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
nice~ my friend had a CRZ and it was a headturner. took it on long road trips. but he traded it in for a ..HR_V which he regretted so he quickly traded that for a 2016 honda coupe and hasn't regretted that one. but i know he misses that crz- at times. a manual hybrid is unique
Yeah, I didn't really want blue (it's since grown on me), but it was the only stick to be found when I was looking.

dragynslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, I didn't really want blue (it's since grown on me), but it was the only stick to be found when I was looking.
i liked the blue when it first came out! but stock was so limited. the one my friend got was from one dealer who had it in the showroom, said no test drives and only had that one - in grey. I personally liked white the best but at that time, any white ones in the area were all CVTs
Sponsored