Chitoblanco

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic sport hatch
Country flag
Say price isn’t a factor, would it be possible/what would it require to engine swap my manual civic sport with the Si? I know it’s been done successfully but information is scarce. To the best of my knowledge, the Si has the same block, but with upgraded rods and pistons. I would like to purchase a built motor, but a built L15BA sport motor is so niche; a built Si L15B7 motor is more readily available. Other discussions have been about swapping the Si motor into CVTs or the 2.0L N/A non turbo and those would seem to be harder swaps for obvious reasons. I assume that because we’re essentially the same platform the transition should be easier?

I’m not looking for “you should have got an Si / a CTR” comments, I’m aware these would be the easier routes but I’m satisfied with the current chassis. Thanks
Sponsored

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
it should be a easy swap over forsure it’s been done before by some guy he was actually selling the car he did a full si conversion on a Fk7

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Country flag
it should be a easy swap over forsure it’s been done before by some guy he was actually selling the car he did a full si conversion on a Fk7
Do you happen to know the name of this guy? I want to do the same as my engine is approaching 200k km.

Thanks man!

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
A friend of mine here is a mechanic who has done this numerous times.

I think the only major issue is there's some subtle wiring differences depending on the year and trim of car. It's definitely doable.
Sponsored