Engine squeak at idle.

Crab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2002 Accord EX-L, 2003 Dodge Dakota
Country flag
My Civic Si has recently developed an intermittent squeak coming from the flywheel side of the engine. It happens when engine is idling at operating temperature.

The squeak does not occur when engine is cold, only direct injection noise.

Videos of squeak
Day 1:

Day 2:

Current mileage is 5100 miles. I have an appointment with the local dealership tomorrow to get it checked out & first oil change.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what was the resolution?

Thanks,
Crab
Sponsored

18SIvic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Coupe, 14 IS350, 02 IS300
Country flag
Like cricket chirps?? High pressure fuel pump.

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Mine has the exact same noise I even took a video of it. First came up around two weeks ago haven’t heard it anymore but I’ll keep listening for it and let us know what they tell you at the dealer. 10k miles btw

18SIvic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Coupe, 14 IS350, 02 IS300
Country flag
Depending on the volume of your dealership and how cool they are, they might replace it under warranty. But don't be surprised if they tell you it's normal.

It's pretty common with the Acura TLX, RLX AND MDX and there's a TSB for it. I've replaced a few and some come back after a few thousand miles chirping again and some never come back. Don't recall if Honda has a TSB for this though. But it doesn't affect performance or reliability though, just annoying.

OP
OP
Crab

Crab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2002 Accord EX-L, 2003 Dodge Dakota
Country flag
Like cricket chirps?? High pressure fuel pump.
Depending on the volume of your dealership and how cool they are, they might replace it under warranty. But don't be surprised if they tell you it's normal.

It's pretty common with the Acura TLX, RLX AND MDX and there's a TSB for it. I've replaced a few and some come back after a few thousand miles chirping again and some never come back. Don't recall if Honda has a TSB for this though. But it doesn't affect performance or reliability though, just annoying.
Bingo! Dealer called at lunch. Got the ol' "oh that's normal". It's the high pressure fuel pump. At least my concern is now documented in case it ever becomes an issue at a later date.

From some research I did last night: High ethanol % can cause the squeak in subies. Maybe its the same for the L15B7.

Thanks for the replies!

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda civic Si sedan, 2016 Honda civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Civic Si has recently developed an intermittent squeak coming from the flywheel side of the engine. It happens when engine is idling at operating temperature.

The squeak does not occur when engine is cold, only direct injection noise.

Videos of squeak
Day 1:

Day 2:

Current mileage is 5100 miles. I have an appointment with the local dealership tomorrow to get it checked out & first oil change.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what was the resolution?

Thanks,
Crab

Thank god I found this, lol... i thought it was a baring of some sort.... i was getting sick to my stomach...

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si sedan(FC1)
Country flag
Mines doing this as well! Also I've noticed my kcount starting to get in higher numbers 20-30 but knock con seems good elevates to like .58 every once in awhile and my fuel trims seem off as well. My ltft go up to -8%. I have a 2019 civic si cai, ark exhaust tsp stage 1 ktuner. I was inspecting my oil and started hearing that cricket noise and thought that was the issue. My fuel trims started to fluctuate after installing my exhaust. I made sure everything is snug.
Sponsored