frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
I just got a 2016 Civic LX in Nov 2019, it is still under warranty.
Not likely. US/Canada warranty is bumper to bumper for max 3 years standard.

Any one know if the engine splash guard is considered a covered fix?
This is super unlikely even if the car was almost brand new. The reason is that it is a part of the car that is exposed to actions and elements that are outside the issue of manufacturing defects. If it magically split in two somehow and showed to be caused by a metallurgy issue, then perhaps but this is WAY on the outside of likelihood of ever happening.

I got an oil change in Feb of this year. This week I noticed the cover hanging low and started to scrape on roads that never scraped before .
Now this. This is what happened to me after my first oil change from the dealership but, like you, living where there is snow and crappy roads, it took a while before the shoddy attention to detail of putting the belly cover back in place that it was not useful to go back and complain. I generally have no particular issue with my dealership and service. I also know that the clowns that do the oil are, well, clowns half the time.

So for me, I made sure all the quarter turn fasteners were still there, took the thing fully off and beat it back into shape in my garage. (The fatal mistake when they put it back on was the two plastic retaining clips on the rear plastic covering that the aluminum is supposed to slot into. They were not and that let it dangle down and slowly be bent by driving backwards in snow.)

What it ultimately meant for me was to just do the changes myself and keep all the receipts for materials. I am more than capable of oil changes and have both the garage to do it in and all the tools and jacks to make it doable. Not sure if you can make the same decision but I would recommend it.
Sponsored

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Funny I found this thread because when I installed my PRL Cobra CAI, I noticed this shield was beaten to shit. A piece of it was broken/ripped off and a couple of clips were missing. If there were two quarter turn screws in the back, only one of them was left. Iā€™ve only ever had the dealership change the oil.

Not anymore. Once I was under there, I realized how easy it was to access everything. Live and learn. Iā€™m willing to buy a shield if there is one out there without the rest of the underbody.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex 2.0L DOHC NA
Country flag
Last edited:

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
This is my 1st time changing my lower engine cover shield. I drove over high bump and i hurt something hit under . When i check under my car i notice the 2 bolts at the end of the engine cover one was broken and the other one bend. I replace by new ones one couldnt go straight it screws sideways and the other one i need to pull it out its on the inside of the hole
This is the screws.

Honda Civic 10th gen Engine Shield/Cover Detached? 20200823_061229

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I pass over a high bump for trucks lol i end replacing the bolts for platic bolts the ones cause the holes bend . They seem to work pretty good
Ouch!

And ya, enter the only real long term ownership complaint I have about our cars. Ground clearance. To get those awesome fuel consumption #s, the car is barely more than 4 inches off the ground when I have 2 or 3 people in it and even just me. My friends Camaro SS is only a quarter inch lower...

But I do like my car otherwise so I live with it. I consider it training for when I get to buy my midlife crisis car :p

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Ouch!

And ya, enter the only real long term ownership complaint I have about our cars. Ground clearance. To get those awesome fuel consumption #s, the car is barely more than 4 inches off the ground when I have 2 or 3 people in it and even just me. My friends Camaro SS is only a quarter inch lower...

But I do like my car otherwise so I live with it. I consider it training for when I get to buy my midlife crisis car :p
And that was the cause i guess it hit , i have pass over the bumps before but it was only me with no problems this time that i got hit I had 2 other paseengers in my car