Engine Shield/Cover Detached?

10thGenSi

siTH LORD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen si
Country flag
Ugh. Had my oil changed yesterday at the dealership. Now, this! So ridiculous.

20190425_185956_HDR.jpg
wait, so the metal part goes "over" the plastic black part?
this happened to me as well, I thought the black plastic part lipped over the metal
Sponsored

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
wait, so the metal part goes "over" the plastic black part?
this happened to me as well, I thought the black plastic part lipped over the metal
No it go "under" it. The oil guy is retarded.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
I had my cover not get installed right after the last oil change that I let my dealership do but I never knew for months until the corners were scraping on rutted roads. None of the fasteners were missing but the plate was not inserted into the rear plastic clips at all.

I like my dealership service overall but that is the last oil change for any of my vehicles at that location and I have now and will forever do my changes myself. The first change in the Civic, they got oil down the back of the engine. They cleaned it all up but after my belly plate adventure, no more. I have ramps, two jacks, jack stands and a bevvy of tools and a garage to do it in. It was sheer laziness on my part as my dealership is across the road from work.

I hope the OP got some satisfaction.

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 1969 Chevrolet C-10 pickup
Country flag
I've had issues with this stupid thing since the first snowfall (2016). I know it's thin aluminum to save weight, and to smooth airflow underneath. A few days ago I reversed to park over fresh snowfall, next day I leave and hear grinding, knew exactly what happened. Fixed by driving over plow berm. :eek:
QUESTION: Is there an aftermarket version, made with aluminum diamond plate (for example) that won't bend like aluminum foil? Not paying to replace with another piece of junk.

Honda Civic 10th gen Engine Shield/Cover Detached? IMG_0979

ockc

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic HB Sport CVT Sonic Grey, 2007 Honda Fit NHBP(GD3)
Country flag
I've had issues with this stupid thing since the first snowfall (2016). I know it's thin aluminum to save weight, and to smooth airflow underneath. A few days ago I reversed to park over fresh snowfall, next day I leave and hear grinding, knew exactly what happened. Fixed by driving over plow berm. :eek:
QUESTION: Is there an aftermarket version, made with aluminum diamond plate (for example) that won't bend like aluminum foil? Not paying to replace with another piece of junk.

IMG_0979.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Honda-...lash-Shield-Guard-Mudguard-Black/192942772899

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag

krateboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic HB LX CVT, 2015 Acura RDX, 2013 Subaru Forester 5MT
Country flag

johnNYYankee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Has anyone installed this aftermarket belly pan? Wonder how is the fit for hatchback? Does it include fasteners? My factory shield is gone. Don't know why factory shield is $70 for sedan but $300 for hatchback. EBay pan seems like a great deal but anyone have any good or bad experience with it? Thanks.
Im interested as well. The OEM version is ridiculous for over $200. Also there is a difference in the OEM parts number for Turbo vs Gas. I wonder if this aftermarket one can be used for both.

First Name
Hari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
Im considering whether to keep these shields on. I took off the metal one to facilitate oil changes. The plastic? one that's mid way back came loose and is scraping my driveway. I live in Mass so Im thinking maybe I should keep them on to deter salt build up on the parts?

wokeupgrumpy

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 4DR, 2017 Subaru Forester, 2007 Malibu LT, 1998 S10 Blazer LT
Country flag
Won't do business with Honda Cars of Rockwall, Tx ever again because of this same crap. Honda makes a great product but by-in-large their dealer service departments just suck. If you are looking for a good dealer service department in D/FW go to Rusty Wallis in Garland. They priced the engine splash guard at $108 but that's not just the aluminum cover. Its the plastic part it mounts to also. It comes as an assembly. I'm thinking I'm going to order one of the aftermarket ones shown above. I'm 57 years old and swore I'd never buy another Honda after going through this same kind of nonsense with my 91 Civic which also purchased new.

Last edited:

jugraj

First Name
Jugraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T Coupe
Country flag

kb2019

First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Hello,
I just got a 2016 Civic LX in Nov 2019, it is still under warranty. Any one know if the engine splash guard is considered a covered fix? I just wanted to cover all my bases before calling the dealer. I got an oil change in Feb of this year. This week I noticed the cover hanging low and started to scrape on roads that never scraped before . I'm very careful on the roads (many potholes in my city) and no recall of going over a bump/ pot hole very fast. I'm not sure, this is my first car I just don't want to be duped by the dealer. LOL!
Sponsored