Engine Shield/Cover Detached?

miguel213

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Ex hatchback
Does anybody know where I could get a skid plate 4a 2018 Honda civic EX hatchback besides the dealer??
Sponsored

Cdupree87

Chris Dupree
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ugh. Had my oil changed yesterday at the dealership. Now, this! So ridiculous.

Honda Civic 10th gen Engine Shield/Cover Detached? 20190425_185956_HDR

ockc

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic HB Sport CVT Sonic Grey, 2007 Honda Fit NHBP(GD3)
Country flag
Ugh. Had my oil changed yesterday at the dealership. Now, this! So ridiculous.

20190425_185956_HDR.jpg
Doesn't look too bad..you just need to screw it back on

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
The design is terrible. Weight savings gone too far. Not to mention the dealerships don't seem to know how to install these things back correctly

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The design is terrible. Weight savings gone too far. Not to mention the dealerships don't seem to know how to install these things back correctly
I disagree that the design is terrible. Out of my previous three cars, my CTR is the easiest to get the cover on and off. Seems like dealership error. I don't like changing oil, but I do it myself because of this kind of crap.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I've seen far too many of these post to say its a good design. Plus you are doing it yourself, dealership (and even worse quick oil change shops) will not care for your car as much as you will..

jtamase

the.xth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX Hatchback; 2016 Pilot LX
Country flag
It isn't a great design. It's too low. I'm probably just careless but I've grazed the small parking curb(blocks, whatever those are called) one too many times. I had to buy the front plastic part and just clip it on the metal.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag

ockc

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic HB Sport CVT Sonic Grey, 2007 Honda Fit NHBP(GD3)
Country flag
Too many lazy/careless mechanics out there.

Cdupree87

Chris Dupree
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doesn't look too bad..you just need to screw it back on
Yeah, it isn't too bad. Just really inconvenient to have to take it back to the dealership since the screws are missing. Also, it's almost an hour out from where I live. Just sucks.

adaml5212

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I know this post is late but here goes.

This past weekend I was driving on IL RT 39 doing about 70 MPH which was the speed limit. All if a sudden I heard metal scraping the highway and immediately pulled over,the engine splash shield was being pushed to the ground due to air flow. After I read that this could be caused by the technician not properly securing the shield I called the dealership. I explained that I got my oil change about a week prior and explained that I had never had this issue before. They then said they had to talk to their manager and would call me back. They called be back about two hours later apologizing for the inconvenience this has caused me and offered to replace it free of charge. They are ordering the part today and I have an appointment with Honda on Friday. Through my experience today it doesn't hurt to just ask them to replace the damage they have caused. I called expecting to get nothing and now they are replacing it free of charge. Hope this helps.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
A couple weeks ago I heard something scrape sometimes when going over a speed bump and saw my cover hanging down. Both of the Phillips head screws where missing, however in my case my last (and only) oil change was done quite some time ago, in fact I'm almost due for my next one. And to my knowledge I haven't hit anything (driving over a curb, a deep rut, deep snow etc.).

I took it to the dealer that did the oil change and said they either didn't secure it well enough or if they did than it should be a warranty issue if it just comes unsecured during normal driving. They didn't give any push back and bent it back to shape and put it back on for free.
Sponsored