ts13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I had this happen after i had the a/c condenser and fuel pump motor recalls fixed. it appears the dealers don't know how to re-install these... and there appears to be NO QC anymore- anywhere. SAD

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a similar issue. I brought my vehicle in for service this summer to the Honda Dealership in Inver Grove Heights, MN, and when I got it back I scraped the shield something bad on my driveway's hill - which had never happened before. I brought it back into the dealership and I explained that they never secured it after my last service. The dealer claimed I "hit something", and that it wasn't their fault. I tried to tell them that I scraped it on my driveway because they did not secure it correctly (no shit right?).... basically, fuck that dealership. They refused to warranty it but were happy to sell me a new shield... To make matters worse, one of the center bolt heads was busted off so now it cannot be fully secured...

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
Do you know that black piece part number the Philip screw is connected too

I am pretty sure it is this: https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~lid~eng~under~cov~74113-tba-a00.html

It could be slightly different if you have the 2.0NA vs the 1.5 turbo so check your car model to be sure (Most of these parts sites let you put in your VIN to get an exact match.)

If it is that leating piece, that should be a pretty easy job and pretty cheap even at dealership prices.

904_Si

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Has anyone had any issues with the ebay engine guard? A few people on this thread said they purchased but haven't seen any updates to the fit.

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone had any issues with the ebay engine guard? A few people on this thread said they purchased but haven't seen any updates to the fit.
My post on my bay covers.
they fit great for me, but others have had issues. It may depend on who you buy them from.

Last edited:

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I finally wound up purchasing this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Auto-U...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

As I mentioned in an earlier post, once I got down there for an oil change, I knew I was going to be super pissed about what Honda service members did to the aluminum shield.

Anyway, I hate this ebay part. It's not a direct replacement to the flimsy OEM aluminum shield. This ebay splash shield covers more area, which might be good, but then it doesn't line up with all the necessary holes/openings. The clips on the car's body that hook onto the OEM shield? Those are no longer needed. More importantly, one of the reasons I was interested in this is because it would create easy access for oil changes. It does not. Even removing the removable panel wouldn't give you the clearance needed to replace the oil filter. #fail. On top of that, this isn't exactly cheap. You can get the entire OEM assembly for a little more than this.

Kev.Oli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody have luck convincing a dealership to fix this after messing it up?

Herb Chambers Honda in Westborough, MA had been where I would go for routine work until I noticed the same thing happened to me after an oil change

They adamantly denied having done anything wrong and told me that I probably hit a pothole on my own in the day after leaving, which tore off my whole engine guard (Yeah okay)

After quite a bit of arguing they offered me a "Deal" to fix it for $450

I told them to fuck off. But is there any way to fix this without spending half a thousand dollars?

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Anybody have luck convincing a dealership to fix this after messing it up?

Herb Chambers Honda in Westborough, MA had been where I would go for routine work until I noticed the same thing happened to me after an oil change

They adamantly denied having done anything wrong and told me that I probably hit a pothole on my own in the day after leaving, which tore off my whole engine guard (Yeah okay)

After quite a bit of arguing they offered me a "Deal" to fix it for $450

I told them to fuck off. But is there any way to fix this without spending half a thousand dollars?
Herb chamber is a shitty dealer. I went in for a oil change and it took them 4 hours, I waited too. All because I refused their "recommended" new brake job. I went to the one in Dorchester. Gave them 1 star on all review website and reported to honda.

MrStix

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Just reporting here in August, 2021. Looks like the service dealers are not getting any better. This should be a TSB for their techs, considering how many people have had THE EXACT SAME THING happen to them..

Anyway, got my first oil change at around 4k miles. My 7 mile round trip to work didn't make any issues appear, but my first 2 hour round trip to Austin caused something to break free. It wasn't until I reversed into my driveway that I heard a scrape. Then my cousin pointed out something was hanging down under my car. Sure enough, it was the belly pan.

Took it back to the dealer this morning, and they seemed to have fixed it right up. Didn't argue, which I guess is good, but man it could have been a lot worse. I was armed and ready with this thread just in case, lol.

Thanks to everyone who posted here about it, especially those who added pics. I was able to find this thread and immediately put 2 and 2 together.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It is to wonder if I would entrust the change of wheels or a repair of the brakes to this dealer for fear that the mechanic forgets a bolt and causes me an accident

krateboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic HB LX CVT, 2015 Acura RDX, 2013 Subaru Forester 5MT
Country flag

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)