RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
anyone remove the engine without a lift using a hoist? have only seen people drop the engine using a left so didn't know if there was a issue doing so or not ....
Sponsored

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
Shouldn't be an issue pulling the engine without a car lift.

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
good to know! anything in particular i should watch out for? how did it go for you? what steps did you take, process etc
Why are you removing your engine?

General steps I've always followed no matter the make/model car are the same. These k20c's will be no different.

FlaDiaz22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #00418
Country flag
good to know! anything in particular i should watch out for? how did it go for you? what steps did you take, process etc
It was a smooth process, pulled engine and trans together. Clearance was very very small on both sides. Id just unbolt ac condenser and lower it to give you more room. Was able to pick it out without removing crash bar and inter cooler still on.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Reviving this thread. When pulling it from the top. Subframe can stay in, correct?

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes subframe stays in. Just don’t forget to disconnect the plug for the AC condenser. I stuck a piece of wood under it to sit on whole pulled engine. Have two people to pull to watch either side. More brackets will have to come off as you see what gets in the way. We didn’t remove radiator to take it out but we took out to put it back in. Any questions let me know anytime. iG: @manitobabluesi
Sponsored