Engine noise

mbrishke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
What's this sound like to you guys?

Had a coworker house sit for me(taking care of my dogs) got home and my car was making this noise. Checked my cameras, sure enough he took my car for a joy ride. I called him and during the conversation he admitted that he "may have mis-shifted it".
Sponsored

Attachments

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Sounds like the “lifter tick” or valvetrain chatter that other Type R’s have gotten after an overrev. Check around the forums to see what the precise issue may be. AFAIK some have driven their cars with that noise and no other issue for thousands of miles, but if we’re being serious here your coworker is an untrustworthy asshole and should pay to have it fixed.

Last edited:

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Sucks to hear. Save all the evidence and take it to a dealer to get inspected. If he doesn't pay up take him to small claims.

He was really gunning it then to have even miss-shifted and over-revved. Wasnt just a let me take this around the block gently type of drive.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag

Had a coworker house sit for me(taking care of my dogs) got home and my car was making this noise. Checked my cameras, sure enough he took my car for a joy ride. I called him and during the conversation he admitted that he "may have mis-shifted it".
Sounds like someone broke your shit and needs to repair your shit. Get a proper shop (not the dealership) to quote you a swapped out replacement crate engine. Will be around 7k - then get a lawyer as your 'friend' will likely balk at paying for his mistake.

Guess what? He shouldn't have taken out your 40k car without permission.

Play stupid games - win stupid prizes

That doesn't sound normal / healthy / or the condition you left your car.

SpoonFK8R

If it was over-revved it could be messed up head somehow. I hope your friend has a bunch of cash. This is going to cost $1.5k-9k depending on if the block is messed up too. Get it to a dealer asap and get an estimate. Or a performance shop you like. Either will work. Stop running the engine until it’s in the shop.
Sponsored