Threads
Reaction score
Website
Instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Accord 2.0
Country flag
Big update

I received my new spark plugs, but didn't need to use them as the current ones still looked great. I came across a YouTube video last night of a guy running 1.5 gallons E85 in his 91 or 93 and had some benefits in power. Comments all reported the same.

This morning I put in 1 gallon E85 and the rest 93. My morning trip to work, the first 1/3 my knock control didn't budge from .49 even under WOT load. Subsequent WOT pulls shot up to .55 and never above that. Quickly it comes to .52 then back down to .49.

Most pulls stay at .49 and occasional briefly at .55. So this is what I have been chasing this whole time. Apparently my car is very picky on gas, always have been even stock tune. 93 isn't good enough for like knock control, however adding E85 is the key.

Now I can see the craze for E85 and can enjoy a couple the benefits, hopefully at no cost. BTW I am not flex fuel, just ktuner tune
Sponsored

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Couple random questions for my own curiosity:
what rpm range are you in when you go WOT and experience the rise in knock?
what oil are you running?
just curious if this could have anything to do with LSPI lowering the octane of your fuel

OP
OP
EX-Termin8r

EX-Termin8r

First Name
@BigTurbo2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Accord 2.0
Country flag
Couple random questions for my own curiosity:
what rpm range are you in when you go WOT and experience the rise in knock?
what oil are you running?
just curious if this could have anything to do with LSPI lowering the octane of your fuel
Upper range, more throttle more knock control.
I get oil changed at Honda each time