ThatOneXgen

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 1.5L
Country flag
I've been looking around and was wondering what are some worthwhile engine mods I can do to my K20C2? I know parts are scare for this engine but I mean there's got to be something right? Like fuel injectors or better fuel rail? Or are those things not really worth it?
Sponsored

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is not much for the C2, however your best bets are:
1) Ktuner. Only tuning option, but you won't be disappointed. Peak HP numbers may not change much, but from what others have said the entire powerband gets a bump in power that's noticeable. VTEC is also lowered to 5200RPM I believe.
2) CAI. There are various ones out there, but I've heard of fuel trim issues with the K&N, and I don't know enough about the Takeda intake to offer much, but I hear AEM is good. Others also fabricate their own intakes for significantly cheaper.
3) Downpipe. RV6 downpipe will enhance exhaust note, offer a few HP and TQ.

Most other options include weight reduction, working on suspension, etc. There is very little aftermarket for this car, and it is very much a challenge to add a turbo or supercharger due to stock ECU limitations, stock bottom end on the C2 not being able to handle more than a few lb of boost to begin with, and more. @Civic_rob could offer more advice since he's actually built his C2 quite a bit.

OP
OP
ThatOneXgen

ThatOneXgen

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 1.5L
Country flag
There is not much for the C2, however your best bets are:
1) Ktuner. Only tuning option, but you won't be disappointed. Peak HP numbers may not change much, but from what others have said the entire powerband gets a bump in power that's noticeable. VTEC is also lowered to 5200RPM I believe.
2) CAI. There are various ones out there, but I've heard of fuel trim issues with the K&N, and I don't know enough about the Takeda intake to offer much, but I hear AEM is good. Others also fabricate their own intakes for significantly cheaper.
3) Downpipe. RV6 downpipe will enhance exhaust note, offer a few HP and TQ.

Most other options include weight reduction, working on suspension, etc. There is very little aftermarket for this car, and it is very much a challenge to add a turbo or supercharger due to stock ECU limitations, stock bottom end on the C2 not being able to handle more than a few lb of boost to begin with, and more. @Civic_rob could offer more advice since he's actually built his C2 quite a bit.
Gotcha! I got an aem intake and I love it. Plan on getting a rv6 downpipe soon. What about front pipes? Do you think it would be worthwhile looking into replacements?

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gotcha! I got an aem intake and I love it. Plan on getting a rv6 downpipe soon. What about front pipes? Do you think it would be worthwhile looking into replacements?
Depends on how you look at it. With that platform, every extra HP helps. However, I am not sure if the cost is worth the minimal gains. I'd think the rest of the system might flow good enough as is, but you could go aftermarket exhaust for the sound and be better off.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It really all starts with a KTuner tune. That's the big boy in terms of power and driveability upgrades. Not only do you get a nice bump in power, it removes the speed limiter, lowers the VTEC crossover and improves throttle response. KTuner's dyno shows a gain of a little over 22hp and 18tq compared to stock.

https://ktuner.com/16civic/

civil-k-2020

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX
Country flag
Ktuner has boost tools but they are limited. The stock ECU can positive pressure. Give Ktuner a call.
Sponsored