First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic so coupe, 11 bmw 550i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So just driving Norma no hard acceleration and my engine blew at about 2800rpm. I have Ktuner MAP tune MAP intake and their downpipe as well. I literally just started out and shifted from 2nd to third and in 3rd and it blew. I had my AC running and i know they just came out with that service bulletin and when it’s on i can feel the engine running rough. I wonder if they will warranty out my engine or not cuz my aftermarket parts? Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The "A/C recall" is really an oil dilution update that just reprograms certain parameters that allows the system to heat up faster. You running A/C would have nothing to do with the blown engine.

Number 2, virtually all the cases of "I just was gently driving my car and then the engine blew", have turned out to be cases or prior abuse or there being a lot more to the story.

Sorry to be skeptical but we need a lot more details about this. As far as warranty... an aftermarket ECU tune, intake and downpipe means you probably have a slim to none chance of warranty replacement.

Last edited:

silverblip

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota TRD Off-Road MT
Country flag
The "A/C recall" is really an oil dilution update that just reprograms certain parameters that allows the system to heat up faster. You running A/C would have nothing to do with the blown engine.

Number 2, virtually all the cases of "I just was gently driving my car and then the engine blew", have turned out to be cases or prior abuse or there being a lot more to the story.

Sorry to be skeptical but we need a lot more details about this. As far as warranty... an aftermarket ECU tune, intake and downpipe means you probably have a slim to none chance of warranty replacement.
Honda Civic 10th gen Engine just blew!! giphy (2)

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
lol everyone on this forum will blame the driver and literally never the tunes. just google search "civicx forum engine blew" and youll see what im talking about. and theyve all were running a tune either fp or kt.

newsflash: the tunes can cause your engine to blow, spun rods, etc. because i domt care what anyone says the stock block was not designed to handle the extra boost.

and nobody is going to tune their car just to drive it like a senior citizen or soccer mom.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
lol everyone on this forum will blame the driver and literally never the tunes. just google search "civicx forum engine blew" and youll see what im talking about. and theyve all were running a tune either fp or kt.

newsflash: the tunes can cause your engine to blow, spun rods, etc. because i domt care what anyone says the stock block was not designed to handle the extra boost.

and nobody is going to tune their car just to drive it like a senior citizen or soccer mom.
You're missing the point. Those of us that are tuned know that we are pushing more power. Most of us are having zero issues. These base tunes are conservative and this motor is fairly robust. And when we read the headline , "I blew my engine", most have turned out to be some sort of abuse. Go ahead and search every blew my engine topic.

The reason I know this is it took me 6 months of research before I finally tuned. And every time saw I saw a blown engine topic I cringed thinking tuning was the issue. But my mind was eased when I realized people had been doing something stupid prior to the problem.

Bottom line though, if you're tuned and blow your engine, the warranty is most likely out and anyone should know that before buying a tune.

Last edited:

_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Best bet is to dissect the motor see if you blew a rod or whatever caused the motor to do so. Getting an engine management you should of been aware of the consequences. Running on those tunes could be bad long term wise its always good to link up with an actual tuner & talk about being conservative to help the motor long term relationship wise.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How do you know it “blew” or what “blew?”
That's why I asked the OP for details. We get these sensational "National Enquirer" type topic titles when we don't even really know what happened.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I will second @gtman on his responses. He was either two stepping, screwing with the tune somehow, or high boosting in low rpms at every green light. It's so annoying! "I was norma driving and blew in low rpms in third gear" come on with that shit bro. Wtf really happened? We are going to find the truth eventually. If OP doesn't respond in the next few days then it could be fake news to get fun replys.

NikkoPH

First Name
Nikko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2016 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
I will second @gtman on his responses. He was either two stepping, screwing with the tune somehow, or high boosting in low rpms at every green light. It's so annoying! "I was norma driving and blew in low rpms in third gear" come on with that shit bro. Wtf really happened? We are going to find the truth eventually. If OP doesn't respond in the next few days then it could be fake news to get fun replys.
** knock on wood **

if i am blowing my SI engine, ill make sure that it will be beyond 6500 RPM in full boost travelling more than 100mph :headbang:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

It's more than just the tune. The Ktuner base maps, TSP's and MAP's tunes are so pussy conservative it's not even funny. It's when you start hitting 30 psi is when people start bending and throwing rods. It could be a combination of things as he has some bolt-on's as well which may have contributed to the problem

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
** knock on wood **

if i am blowing my SI engine, ill make sure that it will be beyond 6500 RPM in full boost travelling more than 100mph :headbang:
If you're not creating new ventilation by blasting bits through the hood, I don't wanna hear it :rofl:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.