First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
well its the truth,

even though it was the owners decision to use the product, that "company" just blew up this guys engine,

so what are they going to do about it?

nothing,

they are going to say, don't blame us, not our fault, its your problem buddy,

do you call that caring about their customers??

i don't

i cant believe people risk their engine for something like this, they either have lots of money to replace their engine, or they lack brainpower, or a combination of both

Anyone who is buying a tune, even if new to tuning should have the brain power to understand regardless of who/where/how good the tune is you are no longer relying on OEM.
They will all (Hopefully? Lol) Help you if you have an actual issue with the tune provided to you, or questions. That is THEIR support. For THEIR product. The actual engine is out of their hands.

Lesson learned everyone teach your kids... and young people please have common sense.

Either way i think you are in the minority because if I admit more and more people think like you then we really are all doomed lmao
Sponsored

mikey003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Country flag
I also run a more or less stock setup which I feel is the safest way to run the off the shelf tunes.
there is no safe way!!

just because your engine is still running, it doesn't mean no damage is being done to it, you just arn't seeing the effects of it yet,

you are still decreasing the longevity of your engine,

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Yep. You are right. We lack brainpower. Good call.

I know you're new here but calling out the Gen X tuners like JR, Doug and D-Rob is beyond unfair.
I'm staying out of this one.......

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it is not unfair at all,

they are selling a product that is destroying peoples cars,
No the people buying the product and then abusing their cars are what is destroying peoples cars. Its clear your intent here is to shit on tuning devices but the OP bought the device and chose to use it. Thats like cleaning a gun and forgetting to unload it and shooting yourself, then blaming the gun. We shall just mark you down as a troll. I don't envision your time here will be too much longer......

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
well its the truth,

even though it was the owners decision to use the product, that "company" just blew up this guys engine,

so what are they going to do about it?

nothing,

they are going to say, don't blame us, not our fault, its your problem buddy,

do you call that caring about their customers??

i don't

i cant believe people risk their engine for something like this, they either have lots of money to replace their engine, or they lack brainpower, or a combination of both
The argument is fundamentally flawed.

Anyone who understands how base maps work understands that partial throttle is largely unchanged and well within the stock parameters of fueling, ignition, and boost.

You're suggesting the tuning logic blew the motor. Yet the OP claims he never went WOT. What then scientifically caused the rod to break?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Anyone who understands how base maps work understands that partial throttle is largely unchanged and well within the stock parameters of fueling, ignition, and boost.

You're suggesting the tuning logic blew the motor. Yet the OP claims he never went WOT. What scientifically caused the rod to break then?
and they dont modify or mess with how factory knock control works. All the protections are still there.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

You're suggesting the tuning logic blew the motor. Yet the OP claims he never went WOT. What then scientifically caused the rod to break?
Look, this is what I am going to advise all you guys...I would drop it and move on. Your only going to tangle yourself in a web. Trust me here. You know that kid in school or that guy at work who argues about everything? Silence can sometimes be a virtue...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Look, this is what I am going to advise all you guys...I would drop it and move on. Your only going to tangle yourself in a web. Trust me here. Silence can sometimes be a virtue...
???

We are at a forum. A forum is about voicing an opinion. What "web" are you talking about? You think Mikey is a Honda "spy"? :eek:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
???

We are at a forum. A forum is about voicing an opinion. What "web" are you talking about? You think Mikey is a Honda "spy"? :eek:
No, not at all. I can care less about spies. It's about someone who argues for the sake of arguing. You will soon have 15 pages of it. That's all I'm saying

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Look, this is what I am going to advise all you guys...I would drop it and move on. Your only going to tangle yourself in a web. Trust me here. Silence can sometimes be a virtue...
sorry, sometimes clowns should be called clowns.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
^ What he said. If we don't stand up for the truth when people post bullshit aren't we doing the members here a disservice?

We all know that tune push certain parameters. We aren't as stupid as Mikey thinks. But, we feel confident that driven like we would our daily drivers, these base tunes only enhance our enjoyment of the car.

99+% of the time, no one is blowing an engine doing normal things. Normal including WOT runs and such.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Look, this is what I am going to advise all you guys...I would drop it and move on. Your only going to tangle yourself in a web. Trust me here. You know that kid in school or that guy at work who argues about everything? Silence can sometimes be a virtue...
:)

He's not going to respond because he has nowhere to go with it. [/bait]

Seriously though, these responses are geared more towards our casual users vs a single uneducated comment. The take-away? Best to understand how something impacts the car before using it (or pointing fingers ;) ).

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
stock honda engines don't all of a sudden explode :rolleyes:

thinking this had nothing to do with the tune is just.....wishful thinking

don't mess around with your cars, service them per honda spec, use OEM products/fluids, and you won't have any problems, your car might out live you

people having issues with their hondas bring their problems on themselves
Any engine whether Honda or anything else can suffer a mechanical failure at any time.

Trying to blame this on a tune is just a scapegoat without knowing ALL the facts.

People having problems with Hondas is a common occurrence and not just brought on by themselves. As much as we all love our Hondas, they still aren't perfect.

I've had 3 tuned vehicles in the last 9 years and no problems at all. 2 Hondas. 1 Ford. Been running Ktuner for over 5 years with nothing but good experiences.

Maybe if my Ford blew up, or my Accord, or if My Civic blows up, then I will be convinced of your theory.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.