First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know how hot the inside of the engine compartment gets in the case of the Civics with the 2.0 NA engine but for the 1.5 Turbo one the heat under there is intense, even in fairly easy traffic conditions. It's the hottest i've yet to see and seems to be fairly well closed all around, with no obvious gaps the heat can escape, air panels and rubber seals all around.
Heat that is being produced in large amounts by the turbo and the catalytic converter, both sitting in front of the engine, close by.
I had the same idea of buying a beautiful, red engine cover but when i saw how hot it gets during summer after a 20 miles easy drive in 90 degrees F (32 C) i gave up the idea.
I popped the hood the other day after a 30mins drive in the city, the radioactive heat is intense. I won't put anything to cover that engine.

Honda makes an open duct in the hood to cool the engine down, but it's still overheating. It's really a bad idea for a normal trim civic.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Several cars in china melted these fake engine covers, which sometimes caused other damage to wires and coils, that's why now they are selling the new design with an open mesh...

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I just bought a 2020 Si sedan today, drove it from Santa Monica, CA to North Las Vegas, popped the hood when I got home and said, uh oh, something's missing, only to discover that Honda's come that way. BTW, I have owned a manual car since 1999, but only stalled out the Si once today haha! Having a bit of trouble differentiating between 3-5 and 4-6 though.

Last edited:

FK7NorCali

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
Hey all,

Going to build on this thread:

IMG_20180830_175402_450.jpg

straight from the taobaoo woooo

Anyone else's cover rattle a little?
How did you order this? I don't see any English option? How has it held up?