HarlowQuinn

First Name
Harlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Just installed the side panel covers for my engine bay. Not a major mod or something that’s terribly noticeable but I think it really classes up the engine compartment. Had a little difficulty with two of the clips which I need to replace and one actually fell into my engine bay which hopefully doesn’t get in the way of any moving parts, I may have to remove the shroud underneath the car to get it out but other than some clips I need to replace I think this came out pretty decent.

Honda Civic 10th gen Engine bay side panel covers installed upload_2018-4-1_16-42-3
Sponsored

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
I did the same mod a few months ago. I don't understand why they didn't come like this from factory. Seems like honda cheaped out in certain areas

OP
OP
HarlowQuinn

HarlowQuinn

First Name
Harlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I did the same mod a few months ago. I don't understand why they didn't come like this from factory. Seems like honda cheaped out in certain areas
Definitely, I couldn’t agree more. I am curious since you did install this yourself what pushpins did you use for the installation? The ones that are already there fit most of the holes, but the three holes on the upper left are smaller and I did use the pushpins that came with the shroud but I want to replace them because they have a screw in the middle which makes it a nightmare to remove them if I ever need to.
Honda Civic 10th gen Engine bay side panel covers installed upload_2018-4-1_16-57-51

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
Definitely, I couldn’t agree more. I am curious since you did install this yourself what pushpins did you use for the installation? The ones that are already there fit most of the holes, but the three holes on the upper left are smaller and I did use the pushpins that came with the shroud but I want to replace them because they have a screw in the middle which makes it a nightmare to remove them if I ever need to.
upload_2018-4-1_16-57-51.jpeg
If I remember correctly, for those holes I used the thumb tabs that came with the covers. When I bought mine it came with a little Ziploc bag with several different sizes. Only thing is they are cheaply made compared to the OEM tabs Honda uses for the rest of the panels on the car. I had the same problem, I felt like they were going to break if I ever had to remove those covers for any reason, and sure enough they did when I had to remove my bumper when I installed my PRL intercooler. :dunno: The rest of the holes i was able to either use the preexisting thumb tabs or bolt for the headlights

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This looks so clean! I'm going to have to get these for mine.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
yeah sweet upgrade, they have been added to my cart for my next amazon order

Loccust

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
What size tabs are you guys using? I ordered some but they didn't come with the taps to secure. Mine are on but I have a few areas still needing the tabs to secure.

OP
OP
HarlowQuinn

HarlowQuinn

First Name
Harlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
What size tabs are you guys using? I ordered some but they didn't come with the taps to secure. Mine are on but I have a few areas still needing the tabs to secure.
Mine came with some really cheap tabs, if you look at the pictures you’ll see the ones with the Phillips head top, those are the ones that came with the covers for the smaller holes. While I was ordering the OEM ones to replace one that fell into the engine bay I also ordered a box of various sizes clips. It was only like eight dollars and came with 40 clips of various sizes. Once I see which one fits I’ll post unless someone posts Information sooner. The way mine came I was able to use the OEM clips for all but the three smaller holes on the left-hand side of the shroud and on the right and left side of the washer fluid reservoir lid.

Last edited:

Gaoolol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I ordered off ebay and it took 2 months to get to me from China. OK, that's all good cause I don't mind waiting but wait! My wind shield water filler thing is on the RIGHT! Is this a Canadian Vs US version thing? These panels are useless for me right now :(

Honda Civic 10th gen Engine bay side panel covers installed IMG_20190514_180903__01

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I ordered off ebay and it took 2 months to get to me from China. OK, that's all good cause I don't mind waiting but wait! My wind shield water filler thing is on the RIGHT! Is this a Canadian Vs US version thing? These panels are useless for me right now :(

IMG_20190514_180903__01.jpg
The amazon site these sell on stipulate these panels will not fit Canadian Si. I’m guessing they’re sourced from the same place. You could maybe cut open a hole on the shroud where the washer liquid cap sticks out
Sponsored