saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
no return of the SI Coupe isn’t necessarily a bad thing for existing 10gen SI Coupe owners. I would think once you’re ready to upgrade or trade in, the resale value should be great considering none are being made
this is true when i traded In my 2014 Elantra coupe
For a 2018 civic coupe they gave me more on trade in because of the rarity of the coupe ( also the perfect condition I kept it in helped too) Elantra coupe was import to the US 2013 to 2014 when I went to the dealership to pickup my free T-shirt ( a dealer gimmick thing) the Elantra was sold within 3 days that the put it on the lot the salesman told me as soon as they put a coupe especially a older. SI coupe on the preowned lot it get sold within a few days and that’s any coupe
Sponsored

dantwan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
KBB private party value for 1996 Camry LE with 100,000 miles in good condition:

Coupe $1,817
Sedan $1,712

Regardless of how many doors it has, who is going to pay "good money" for a quarter-of-a-century-old Camry? :) There's nothing special about that car or a Civic coupe or an Accord coupe or an Altima coupe.

Now, a 1987 Buick Regal coupe might be worth a lot more than a 1987 Buick Regal sedan if the coupe is a Grand National. :)

In the case of these Accord, Altima, Camry, and Civic coupes, there's no significant difference in performance or features to set them apart from their sedan siblings.
Take a look at how Integra GSRs and Type-Rs are doing these days.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
KBB private party value for 1996 Camry LE with 100,000 miles in good condition:

Coupe $1,817
Sedan $1,712

Regardless of how many doors it has, who is going to pay "good money" for a quarter-of-a-century-old Camry? :) There's nothing special about that car or a Civic coupe or an Accord coupe or an Altima coupe.

Now, a 1987 Buick Regal coupe might be worth a lot more than a 1987 Buick Regal sedan if the coupe is a Grand National. :)

In the case of these Accord, Altima, Camry, and Civic coupes, there's no significant difference in performance or features to set them apart from their sedan siblings.
All GNs were coupes in 87 which I never cared for I like the monte Carlo and Grand Prix areo coupe although they had low powered crap engine in them

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Take a look at how Integra GSRs and Type-Rs are doing these days.
KBB private party value for 2001 Integra GS-R with 100,000 miles in good condition:

Coupe $4,099
Sedan $4,223

Shall we keep going? :)

All GNs were coupes in 87 which I never cared for I like the monte Carlo and Grand Prix areo coupe although they had low powered crap engine in them
A co-worker of mine has an '87 Monte Carlo Aerocoupe that's wasting away out in his yard. He refuses to sell it...or drive it. Weird.

Last edited:

dantwan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
KBB private party value for 2001 Integra GS-R with 100,000 miles in good condition:

Coupe $4,099
Sedan $4,223

Shall we keep going? :)

A co-worker of mine has an '87 Monte Carlo Aerocoupe that's wasting away out in his yard. He refuses to sell it...or drive it. Weird.
KBB is an awful reference to use for something like this, not only is that pricing insultingly low, it's just plain inaccurate. Go and actually search for any trim level Integra at that price in that condition. I'm waiting.

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
For all you coupe owners who think your car is suddenly worth more:

Honda killed the Accord coupe because no one was buying.

Honda killed the Civic coupe because no one was buying.

Where are all these coupe buyers that are going to pay top dollar for your used car if they won't buy new?
probably the same guys that passed on plymouth superbirds when they were new and kicked themselves later...seriously,i bought mine because i like the 2 door styling better and im a long term owner unless my car has serious and recurring problems.you never know whats going to be desireable in 20 years though.should have bought a 1959 les paul standard in 1980 when the going rate was 3 grand,now they are up in the hundreds of thousands...

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
RIP coupe and 2.0L NA. Can't wait to see what Honda comes up with next spring.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag

Coupe $4,099
Sedan $4,223
I sold my '97 GSR sedan in 2000 for $14k. Lost $7k in three years and then $10k in the last 20 years, that's awesome!

GSR Sedans were pretty rare so maybe not a good comparison. But I agree with your point - it's not the body style that makes a car valuable.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
First the Accord, now the Civic. I understand the business decision, but for nostalgic reasons, this makes me sad. In a sea of grey SUVs, it was always cool that Honda made a coupe because, well, they wanted to. I feel like a lot of these niches cars are going away and It's only till you get into the high 40 to 50,000s where enthusiasts cars become abundant. Outside of the Type R, idk if Honda makes a car I want anymore..

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Outside of the Type R, idk if Honda makes a car I want anymore..
IMO TLX Type S is the next big thing, then the next gen Type R following it.

As much as the minority liked the coupe body style, not enough were sold. Same reason why Ford axed everything but trucks, SUVs, and crossovers. Dont blame Honda blame the market.

dantwan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Oh, you mean the high performance version of a regular car? Like a Type R?

The Civic Coupe will be as sought after today as Chevy Cavalier and Nissan Altima coupes are. Which is to say: not at all. Nobody cares. Unless it's the fast version, it's a grocery getter and is hardly worth anything.

To the person getting mad about DC2 prices: ITRs are worth stupid money. If it's not an original ITR (clones don't count) then it's an old Acura. Similarly, prices on Bring A Trailer for old Civics show one constant: Si are worth money in low mile, stock condition, other trim levels are not.

Nobody wants your LX Coupe. Not today, not tomorrow.
Time will tell, I don't think specifically the LX Coupe will gain a whole lot of value, but if it's truly the last Honda Civic coupe, it can't hurt the value. The car will forever be a little more unique as the industry changes. Electric automated cars, like it or not, are the only future. They're faster, more efficient, and more capable, and they will all be four doors (or more). A Coupe, manual, gas powered car will be a novelty item in the future bought for the experience in itself, the performance will be a moot point as even today's budget electric cars are already as fast or faster than many modern performance cars.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Time will tell, I don't think specifically the LX Coupe will gain a whole lot of value, but if it's truly the last Honda Civic coupe, it can't hurt the value. The car will forever be a little more unique as the industry changes.
32 years from now, I'll bet a Civic coupe will be worth relatively less than a 32 year-old Fiero is today because it's not nearly as "unique".

https://www.hagerty.com/media/valua...ro has never escaped,May 2017 to January 2018.
Sponsored