Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Am I the only one that thinks that based on those new "Type-R" pictures, that Honda could just make an Accord Type-R with a manual ofc? Wild idea I know, but maybe lol
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On the flip side.... though we mourn the loss of the coupe (it or some other sporty coupe will be back someday... these things always ebb and flow with gas prices and peoples tastes, usually every 10-15 years we see a coupe boom and then it tapers off again).

Lets be at least a little grateful that Honda hasn't pulled a GM or Ford and gotten rid of all their smaller cars completely... I'll take a civic hatch any day over being forced to buy an HRV or CRV. Honda still sees the worth in quick, fun to drive cars, and if it means sadly trimming down offerings in order to make that work in the time being, so be it. The world is literally imploding on itself... we all gotta do what we gotta do to get by.

At the same time, I look at toyota that has not one, but two sports coupes, and bringing the GR Corolla and wonder why honda can't have just one sports coupe... a prelude... an S2000.... integra... civic coupe... even if it meant they had to partner up with another brand to share the costs.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Honda could make this better by making a Type R in hatch and coupe next gen. The coupe is the best looking body style in 10th gen, so why not make a fantastic looking Type R in coupe form? Or a 3 door hatch would be traditional - but probably less stiff.

Anyone know roughly when 2020 production of Si sedans will end?

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I just noticed that as well...

Good ol' Florida at it's finest
Technically I’m a New Yorker born and raised for forty six years moved to Florida 5 years ago now at 52 years old
yes I believe Florida should have done a better job at this pandemic being Florida is a larger elderly population state I have no problem with people wearing masks or stores what their employees wearing them especially food service ( they should have been wearing masks and hair net before this pandemic ) But as I posted before this is my opinion and I myself as a customer Shopping in a store I believe I think it should be a opinion
if I myself should ware a mask

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Technically I’m a New Yorker born and raised for forty six years moved to Florida 5 years ago now at 52 years old
yes I believe Florida should have done a better job at this pandemic being Florida is a larger elderly population state I have no problem with people wearing masks or stores what their employees wearing them especially food service ( they should have been wearing masks and hair net before this pandemic ) But as I posted before this is my opinion and I myself as a customer Shopping in a store I believe I think it should be a opinion
if I myself should ware a mask
And we are all entitled to our own opinion, I've seen you around a lot on the forums so I respect your opinion. Don't want to bring politics into this so I will leave it at that, but I'm glad that you at least respect the rules food service and different stores have.

I'm in North NJ/NYC and people will straight up look at you crazy if you walk into any establishment without a mask, I think both NJ/NYC have done a great job in terms of response and everyone's been pretty compliant with following the rules set except for a few

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And we are all entitled to our own opinion, I've seen you around a lot on the forums so I respect your opinion. Don't want to bring politics into this so I will leave it at that, but I'm glad that you at least respect the rules food service and different stores have.

I'm in North NJ/NYC and people will straight up look at you crazy if you walk into any establishment without a mask, I think both NJ/NYC have done a great job in terms of response and everyone's been pretty compliant with following the rules set except for a few
Not to drag this out yes Connecticut Is the same way my older brother lives there to be perfectly honest wea ring a mask down here is hard it’s way to hot sometimes it’s hard just to breathe threw the muggy air little alone putting a mask own is rough By the way I have to wear a mask at my place of employment

and thank you for your honest reply :thumbsup:

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also worth noting... in the same press release, Honda mentioned we'll be seeing the mid model updated accord in a few months.... I would say, if we want a good clue as what to expect on the 11th gen civic... look at the updated accord for both styling changes and updates to features.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
This tells us why the Coupe was axed. I am surprised by the Hatch take rate (4 times the coupe).

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33336901/honda-civic-coupe-discontinued/

" The company cites slow sales as the reason for dropping this body style: while the current, tenth-generation Civic coupe made up around 16 percent of sales when it debuted in 2016, it now represents just 6 percent of the mix, according to Honda. Meanwhile, the Civic hatchback has grown in sales during that time, currently making up around 24 percent of Civic sales. "

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They say the hatch back is viewed as the sportiest version ?? LMFAO!
With no coupe, Honda has made my decision never to buy another easy.
Unfortunately The civic coupe was the last affordable FWD coupe out there. There is nothing in its class That’s not a four door ( the closest is the veloster with thread flipper door) but now I do notice a few manufacturers are designing there sedans where the rear door isn’t noticeable Honda may go with this design As they did with a few Acura cars given a choice I would go with the hatchback it is sportier than most hatchbacks and sedans

Last edited:

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know why anyone buys sedans. The hatches have almost the same profile and are more practical.
-
Eh, personal preferences. At the time looking for a new civic after my 9th gen was totaled, I saw the hatch, & was not a fan of that huge black area containing the fog lights, also the rear. Was completely ugly to me, just empty nothingness. Plus the mid-cycle refresh on the 19’s sedans fixed damn near everything I wanted. After now adding all these accessories and exterior mods. I can honestly say I’ve never been more happier to own it. ??‍♂
-
The complements from my co-workers/friends/friend of friends, makes it more enjoyable to own.
-
Although making a type-r replica would’ve been fun. I also like the new “hockey stick / mustache” on the mid-cycle on the hatchs, looks 100x better than that empty space previously.

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
This tells us why the Coupe was axed. I am surprised by the Hatch take rate (4 times the coupe).

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33336901/honda-civic-coupe-discontinued/

" The company cites slow sales as the reason for dropping this body style: while the current, tenth-generation Civic coupe made up around 16 percent of sales when it debuted in 2016, it now represents just 6 percent of the mix, according to Honda. Meanwhile, the Civic hatchback has grown in sales during that time, currently making up around 24 percent of Civic sales. "
This really bums me out. I had my heart set on trading my Sport Hatch for a 2021 SI Coupe.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag

p_D

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hopefully that means we get a Hatchback Si in 2022

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I was out shopping for a new car, I didn’t see much of any Civic coupes available, hence why I got the sedan instead. But I bet the coupes are fun to drive around in. Not sure how easy it is to get in and out from the back seat lol. H’mmm... one of my ex friends had a supped up Honda Fit. He was always working on that thing. Lol
Sponsored