First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They say the hatch back is viewed as the sportiest version ?? LMFAO!
With no coupe, Honda has made my decision never to buy another easy.
Sponsored

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But I love my EXT coupe. And I am trying to get a blue Si coupe. It's been a struggle and now it seems it may get worse. Sad day today.

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
They say the hatch back is viewed as the sportiest version ?? LMFAO!
With no coupe, Honda has made my decision never to buy another easy.
Well the Type R is the sportier version of the civic today and they used the hatchback platform. Not sure why this is a surprise to you.

As well, based on what I have seen 50% or more of modded civics out there are hatchbacks. Including 10th gen.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"it's the sedan but less practical for no benefit and worse aftermarket"
It's the hatchback but less practical for no benefit, why buy a sedan? It's a crossover but less practical, why buy a hatchback? Your reasoning is flawed. It's about personal choice. Not everyone wants or needs the extra doors/practicality of a sedan or hatchback. Some want a small, sporty, personal vehicle. Personal choice, personal opinion, I won't argue that with someone, but the reasoning isn't as black and white as you make it.

I also wouldn't compare an EX hatch to an Si hatch variant. Especially since we don't know what kind of power gain the next gen Si may get... a sport or sport touring is closer to an Si than the EX is in appearance alone. Also take into account the Si has upgraded suspension, selectable driving modes, sport seats, etc etc. Could those things be achieved aftermarket on an EX? Yes, but most likely for thousands more, and a voided warranty, compared to a factory made Si Hatch. There's also no guarantee it'd be a CVT either... Honda has the Acura DCT and the 9 and 10 speed autos they could use just as well that would be much better options in a sporty car than a CVT.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
" The last of the sporty coupes has died, leaving only the Veloster to hold that candle. "

I have a sporty BMW coupe, and it's not going anywhere.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
" The last of the sporty coupes has died, leaving only the Veloster to hold that candle. "

I have a sporty BMW coupe, and it's not going anywhere.
That's a luxury level RWD/AWD coupe... not exactly the same as a mainstream FWD sporty coupe.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
This is terrible...I was planning on waiting a little longer to jump to Si so I could save and buy in cash after re-evaluating a few weeks ago...but it looks like I might have to jump into a 2020 because I only like the coupe.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Felt that the end of 2 doors was going to come but I didn't think it would be this soon.. very unfortunate.

I wonder what that means for the 2020 coupes, will they maintain value better? Will they be a bit of a collector or be more sought after? The 2020 refresh was without a doubt the best year of the civic and they got mostly everything done right, just made me love my car even more ?

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well the Type R is the sportier version of the civic today and they used the hatchback platform. Not sure why this is a surprise to you.

As well, based on what I have seen 50% or more of modded civics out there are hatchbacks. Including 10th gen.
That's exactly why I would never buy a type R. To each his own, and the reason you see more moded hatchbacks is because there are more of them out there.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I predicted the coupe demise a couple years ago. To Honda's credit, they stuck with the low volume seller longer than most companies would have.

Here's my next prediction for the 11th gen. At some point there will be an Si hatch joining the Si sedan. We'll see if I'm right in a couple years.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I predicted the coupe demise a couple years ago. To Honda's credit, they stuck with it longer than most companies would have.

Here's my next prediction for the 11th gen. At some point there will be an Si hatch joining the Si sedan. We'll see if I'm right in a couple years.
Before they released the 10th gen, I was hoping that they’ll come out with an Si hatch to which it didn’t happen. The hatchback has more appeal for me.

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't need four cars....I don't need four cars....I don't need four cars ?.

I have been missing my coupe lately and was thinking of maybe getting back into on for Gen 11. I loved my Si and knowing that there won't be another coupe option in the future kinda makes me want to add to the driveway :(

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Felt that the end of 2 doors was going to come but I didn't think it would be this soon.. very unfortunate.

I wonder what that means for the 2020 coupes, will they maintain value better? Will they be a bit of a collector or be more sought after? The 2020 refresh was without a doubt the best year of the civic and they got mostly everything done right, just made me love my car even more ?
I've been offered $8k for my 2000 DX Coupe with an ITR swap. I walked away.

It probably won't go up in value, but you'll get a good amount in 10 years I think, if you decide to sell it. Certainly the Coupe is now worth more than a Sedan in the forthcoming used market.

Remember Honda has an enthusiast community behind it -- if you try to sell a used Honda, you're going to get two questions -- 1) Is it a manual, and 2) is it a coupe.

Last edited:

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been offered $8k for my 2000 DX Coupe with an ITR swap. I walked away.

It probably won't go up in value, but you'll get a good amount in 10 years I think, if you decide to sell it. Certainly the Coupe is now worth more than a Sedan in the forthcoming used market.
Ah definitely as long as the car can hold it's value well then it's all I ask for. I know with the coupes it's a hit or miss for a lot of people, they either love it or hate it. I've always thought the coupe was such a good looking and unique car, just sad to see it leaving so soon.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
RIP the coupe, it was the only coupe in its class and now it's officially dead. But on another note, does that mean the 2021 model year is when the 11th gen Civic is coming? My lease ends next yeae in March so im curious if the 11th gen will be out by then.
Sponsored