James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's not usdm but if you havent seen the s660 go look at it. New school beat
WTF!!!! That thing would sell like hotcakes in the US! I want one!

Anyone that disagrees needs only to look at the love affair America has with the midengine c8.
Sponsored

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
WTF!!!! That thing would sell like hotcakes in the US! I want one!
It's cute, for sure, but the MX-5 Miata already owns the incredibly small roadster market in the US. Last year, over 17,000,000 automobiles were sold in the US. Only 7,753 of those were MX-5 Miatas.

A small, mid-engine car with less than 100 HP and a 0-60 time of 10 seconds? Sounds like a 1984 Pontiac Fiero to me!

Oh, but the S660 is inexpensive and efficient? So was a 1989 Geo Metro XFi. ;)

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
A small, mid-engine car with less than 100 HP and a 0-60 time of 10 seconds? Sounds like a 1984 Pontiac Fiero to me!
at 6’5” I fit pretty good in my friends 85 Fiero and the only reason is that it was mid engine giving the design to have plenty of leg room but yes I tried driving a Miata and it was small btw the fiero went pretty good in the snow just like a VW bug

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's cute, for sure, but the MX-5 Miata already owns the incredibly small roadster market in the US. Last year, over 17,000,000 automobiles were sold in the US. Only 7,753 of those were MX-5 Miatas.

Oh, but the S660 is inexpensive and efficient? So was a 1989 Geo Metro XFi. ;)
I guess that explains why I like it. I owned a Fiero GT 5 sp. :)

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Around 2000, I bought a well-used 1984 Fiero that was buried under pile of leaves with the intent of getting it running and financing it for a friend who needed cheap transportation.

On the drive home after I bought it, I was driving down the highway at night when I saw a flickering yellow glow from the engine compartment. I quickly pulled off the road and popped the trunk to discover a spark plug wire had fell down on top of the exhaust manifold. Thankfully, that's "all" it was and I made it home on three cylinders then promptly changed my underwear.

I replaced the clutch, radiator, brakes, tires, belts, hoses, plugs, wires, thermostat, bulbs, and starter. My friend could never get the hang of driving a manual so I sold it to a neighbor for what I had in it. The interior was okay, it was mechanically sound, and the body was intact, but the paint was terrible.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Around 2000, I bought a well-used 1984 Fiero that was buried under pile of leaves with the intent of getting it running and financing it for a friend who needed cheap transportation.

On the drive home after I bought it, I was driving down the highway at night when I saw a flickering yellow glow from the engine compartment. I quickly pulled off the road and popped the trunk to discover a spark plug wire had fell down on top of the exhaust manifold. Thankfully, that's "all" it was and I made it home on three cylinders then promptly changed my underwear.

I replaced the clutch, radiator, brakes, tires, belts, hoses, plugs, wires, thermostat, bulbs, and starter. My friend could never get the hang of driving a manual so I sold it to a neighbor for what I had in it. The interior was okay, it was mechanically sound, and the body was intact, but the paint was terrible.
Have you ever watched any of Ronald Finger's videos on youtube?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have - including all of his Fiero videos. In fact, the Fiero is what brought me to his channel. :)

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have - including all of his Fiero videos. In fact, the Fiero is what brought me to his channel. :)
This is going off subject on this thread but I have to add that Pontiac was the most innovative company of GM look at the 61 to 63 tempest
with the slant Four and rear transaxle the GTO the OHC straight six
even the firebird was a improvement over the Camaro and the Fiero
yes they had their problems but they also different than the rest of GM well unfortunately they did make the 301 V8 4.9 liter and turbo charged it yes that was a mistake it they shouldn’t have dropped Pontiac imo they should have gotten rid of GMC
Sponsored