End Link Problems

TrippinBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX 2.0l
So I just put the Eibach Pro kit springs on my car. No problems with the installation. But when I went to spin the wheel both ways to get it out of my driveway, when I did that, the front drivers side sway bar end link snapped like a twig. I know I installed it correctly, I called Eibach and they said that I didn't need adjustable end links. The passenger side one is fine with no problems. Anyone know what could be wrong or have had similar problems. Ordered a new OEM one from honda but it wont be here until monday :(
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very strange, I can't say that makes any sense at all.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
So I just put the Eibach Pro kit springs on my car. No problems with the installation. But when I went to spin the wheel both ways to get it out of my driveway, when I did that, the front drivers side sway bar end link snapped like a twig. I know I installed it correctly, I called Eibach and they said that I didn't need adjustable end links. The passenger side one is fine with no problems. Anyone know what could be wrong or have had similar problems. Ordered a new OEM one from honda but it wont be here until monday :(
I am assuming when you say "spin the wheel both ways", you are referring to the steering wheel?

When you install the new one, have someone look at the suspension as you slowly turn the steering wheel to see what's happening.

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
When you dropped the height of the car with the Eibach suspension, this tends to give the stock end links tension since they are at stock length hence why you need adjustable to adjust to the new lowered height. this is what i used when i had my coils installed. my problem was experiencing vibrations on both pedals. went away after installing the end links

END LINK

OP
OP

TrippinBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX 2.0l
Thanks for the suggestions, Im going to put the new stock one on and see if it works, if it doesn't, luckily Whiteline sells adjustable end links for my model and ill put those on. (Even if the stock ones end up working, ill probably end up getting adjustable ones eventually)