"Emissions System Problem" Code P0326 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Range/Performance

Have you had an "Emissions System Problem" notice too?

• Total voters
OP
OP

CDN16LX6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6MT
Any operational issues Civicuser? My light turned off after 100km. I'm up to 800km and still hasn't come back. I really hope it was a one-off, but I believe there may be an underlying issue that has triggered the warning in several cars fresh off the lots. I'm still waiting for my dealer to schedule my inspections (P0326 plus recall)
Sponsored

civicuser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Any operational issues Civicuser? My light turned off after 100km. I'm up to 800km and still hasn't come back. I really hope it was a one-off, but I believe there may be an underlying issue that has triggered the warning in several cars fresh off the lots. I'm still waiting for my dealer to schedule my inspections (P0326 plus recall)
No operational issues so far. Too soon to really tell much more. Master tech thinks it's a bad sensor or more likely a connection not securely made. Cleared the code. No parts changed out yet. Will get back to you if something more serious is found. Kind of bothered me that the dealership pushed the extended warranty pretty hard for electrical/electronic issues. Guess I'm about to find out if Honda's reliability has fallen off or if this is just a blip.

ohtoomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic LX MT
I own an LX 6speed. 1st time it happened at 28 miles. Cleared CEL light. 2nd time at 90 miles. Just now its turned back on for the THIRD time. ~485 miles. It doesn't accelerate in 6th gear. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning. Hopefully get it repaired and check for the recall. But I seriously want the dealership to do something about it. It's frustrating

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
It doesn't accelerate in 6th gear. … Hopefully get it repaired and check for the recall.
Not very many cars accelerate well in 6th gear. Unless they have ten speed transmissions. If, by "checked for the recall" you mean the snap ring issue, the dealer has no procedures for doing it yet. If you mean the TSB 16-018 code update to fix the knock sensor CEL issue, that seems much more likely they can now deal with that.

ohtoomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic LX MT
Not very many cars accelerate well in 6th gear. Unless they have ten speed transmissions.
Thanks I realized my mistake haha. And you say they have a fix for the knock sensor? Is it an ECU recoding?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP

CDN16LX6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6MT
Thankd Dick W, I just saw your response. Just yesterday my dealer cleared the initial code, and ordered a replacement knock sensor, "just to be sure". Last night the MIL came on again. I'll share A16-018 with my dealer.

civicuser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
No operational issues so far. Too soon to really tell much more. Master tech thinks it's a bad sensor or more likely a connection not securely made. Cleared the code. No parts changed out yet. Will get back to you if something more serious is found. Kind of bothered me that the dealership pushed the extended warranty pretty hard for electrical/electronic issues. Guess I'm about to find out if Honda's reliability has fallen off or if this is just a blip.
Check engine light occurred again at 2020 miles. Pulled another P0326 (knock sensor) code. Dealership pushed a software upgrade rev. BAA140 to the PCM/ECM/ECU... however they refer to it. Said that this upgrade should include a fix for the P0326 problem. Probably an upgrade of table values to calculate ignition timing retard values for given knock sensor output voltages. The old software revision was BAA130. Could have saved me 6 hrs of personal time and a rental fee and the dealership the diagnostic costs if the software revision review had been performed as part of the dealer prep process at time of sale. Will assume the problem is fixed for now.

Also saw discussion on power.... with the 2L engine option, was able to accelerate from 55 to 65 in 6th gear(manual trans) on a 6% grade with a single passenger but full load of fuel. Was pleasantly surprised.

Control freak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX manual
I'm not too sure that these votes are going to be an accurate representation of the state of the proportion of people having this problem. I only found and voted on this thread since I was specifically looking for information on my emissions issue.

My CEL just came on today, and my OBDII reader popped up this code- P0326.

It's nice to know that I can probably safely ignore it. I'll clear the code and mention the service bulletin to the dealer next time I'm there, if the fault doesn't get thrown again before then.
Sponsored