Badigadi

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
So yesterday I took the time to clean the interior in my 2018 EX Hatch and realized there was some dust inside the gauge cluster assembly and some white drop-like spots in the clear plastic. Obviously I proceded to remove everything needed to access the cluster like A/C controls, Radio and traction control button, and other things like parking brake button, brake hold and ECO(which now I think I didn't need to unplug).

I unplugged the cluster and cleaned the dust inside it.

After that I put everything together but was greeted by a Emissions System Problem code
Honda Civic 10th gen Emissions System Problem after unplugging Gauge Cluster 20200802_184907

So far I drove like 20km yesterday and 15km today, the code is still there. Is it safe to drive like this? will the issue go away? I didn't modify anything and plugged everything back so it should be fine right?

Ironically I couldn't clean the white spots in the clear plastic, the whole reason I did this to begin with. Do you know how to clean them?
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I'd disconnect the battery for about a half-hour and reconnect. Then drive around a bit to allow the computer to re-adjust. This sounds like a computer error rather than a mechanical one. I don't believe there's any real issue. But be sure to disconnect the battery next time before you start unplugging stuff. Good luck.

OP
OP
Badigadi

Badigadi

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I'd disconnect the battery for about a half-hour and reconnect. Then drive around a bit to allow the computer to re-adjust. This sounds like a computer error rather than a mechanical one. I don't believe there's any real issue. But be sure to disconnect the battery next time before you start unplugging stuff. Good luck.
Thanks for your input, today when I started the car the error was gone and the ECO green accent bars at the top came back(it was only lighting white during the error period) so it's solved, thanks.

By the way, if someone is interested in cleaning the white spots in the gauge cluster, I was able to clean most of them with headlight cleaner, I used ABRO Headlight Restoration Polish cuz it was available but you can use any other brand that does the same.
Sponsored

Last edited: