"Emissions system problem" after CAI install :(

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Hello,
Just today, I installed AEM cold air intake on my 2016 Civic EX ( it was pain in the a** to install). After I installed it, at first it wouldn't start. The car would crank but wouldn't start. After researching a bit about it, i figured it was related to the MAF sensor. I simply unplugged and replugged the connector of MAF Sensor and now it would turn on. Phew... That's out the way.

But now, I'm getting "Emission System Problem" warning on the dash. Using arrows to go next screen, it says "drive carefully, system initializing".
I don't know what these are or why I'm getting them, but I'm guessing with the new intake the ecu needs to relearn the system...??
I'm not sure how to reset ecu on this specific car, but searching around, I came to this method: unplug negative battery terminal, leave for 15 mins, then turn car on and let idle for 5 mins, then turn off and back on, and drive for about 5 mins. Currently trying this.

So what do you guys think?
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
unplug battery for a 10second then plug it back in. the code will reset and drive it like normal

OP
OP
zabih107

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
unplug battery for a 10second then plug it back in. the code will reset and drive it like normal
Thank you, but I managed to fix it. Aperantly the warning was for ecu needing to relearn the new system. So I idled it for 5 mins then turn off, back on, started driving it, after about 2 mins driving, the warning on screen was gone and everything is fine. DAMN THAT SOUND IS NICE! I LOVE IT!

K1DxMUGGA

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic ex-t 1.5 turbo
Thank you, but I managed to fix it. Aperantly the warning was for ecu needing to relearn the new system. So I idled it for 5 mins then turn off, back on, started driving it, after about 2 mins driving, the warning on screen was gone and everything is fine. DAMN THAT SOUND IS NICE! I LOVE IT!
Are you still riding around with the intake and still no problem

OP
OP
zabih107

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Are you still riding around with the intake and still no problem
Ya no problem afterwards. Once I installed the rv6 carless downpipe, system emission error came back on, but it can be removed with ktuner unit, if you get one. I accidently garbage my unit :( so I drive around with the error on. It's nothing more than a notification, it doesn't affect ur vehicle performance or drivability.
Sponsored