Emissions system problem 2017 civic

Bigboss954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx-7
So I have had my 2017 ex-t since DEC 17th., Last night the emissions systems problem message popped up and I was livid!, But I also think it was on for a couple of days because of that lil exclamation point on the dash. I seen it there but didn't know how to get to it to see what it was till last night. Anyway long story short I borrowed a scanner from my companies mechanic and found the error code to be P0455 (Evaporative emission system leak) it also said it was a very small leak. So I cleared out the code and am waiting to see if it comes on in the coming days/weeks.

But does anyone know what could have caused it and how to fix the problem now?
Sponsored

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 6mt, 2015 Highlander V6 AWD, 2017 Accord EX coupe 2.4 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
So I have had my 2017 ex-t since DEC 17th., Last night the emissions systems problem message popped up and I was livid!, But I also think it was on for a couple of days because of that lil exclamation point on the dash. I seen it there but didn't know how to get to it to see what it was till last night. Anyway long story short I borrowed a scanner from my companies mechanic and found the error code to be P0455 (Evaporative emission system leak) it also said it was a very small leak. So I cleared out the code and am waiting to see if it comes on in the coming days/weeks.

But does anyone know what could have caused it and how to fix the problem now?
Gas cap loose?

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You shouldn't reset the code. Just take it to the dealer for them to take care of.

That said, did you overfill your gas tank (filled past the autostop)?

xlics05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 1.5 Turbo
Gas cap loose?
Hello I have not figured out how to post a new post yet. But I had a 2017 civic bought 9 weeks ago, and I had 7 system failures on the screen when I started the car. I have it sent to dealer twice. I was told the problem is oil injector failure in the cylinder. The first one was replaced in the first cylinder and the second time it was broken again in a second cylinder. I have raised a case in honda customer service.

arhncmh

It's not my fault, really.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
Gas cap loose?
Planedoc is on point. This code is normally associated with the Evap System failing to maintain required pressure during normal driving conditions. Also unfortunate that our cars don't have screw-on gas caps in this situation. I haven't researched the new flap-type seals on our vehicles. Frankly, wouldn't want to have to. I'll be watching this thread with interest. Please do report the results of your trip to the dealer.

organiktsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Dodge D100 slant six, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Planedoc is on point. This code is normally associated with the Evap System failing to maintain required pressure during normal driving conditions. Also unfortunate that our cars don't have screw-on gas caps in this situation. I haven't researched the new flap-type seals on our vehicles. Frankly, wouldn't want to have to. I'll be watching this thread with interest. Please do report the results of your trip to the dealer.
In my years working on cars I would say about 10% of the time was it related to the evap system. About maybe 25% it was related to air/fuel mixture for vac leaks. The other 65% a mix of all other kinds of codes

jackdonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX CVT
Country flag
Dropped off my 2017 Civic Hatchback LX CVT this morning at the dealer for engine error "Emissions System Problem". Since I just drove it off the lot the other day they immediately took a look and said it came back with weird codes. Service Manager asked if they could keep it for a few hours to look at it in more detail. I'll let you know what happens.

jackdonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dealer called to let me know the car is missing parts which should have been installed at the factory. They are keeping the car over night as it's in pieces. I'll get more details and pictures tomorrow after the missing parts are installed. Sounds like I got a Monday or Friday built civic.

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 6mt, 2015 Highlander V6 AWD, 2017 Accord EX coupe 2.4 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Lazyness in production and QC apparently.
The hatchbacks are made in Britain. Prolly never going to be the assembly quality of the U.S. built models...

jackdonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dealer called to let me know the car is missing parts which should have been installed at the factory. They are keeping the car over night as it's in pieces. I'll get more details and pictures tomorrow after the missing parts are installed. Sounds like I got a Monday or Friday built civic.
Here is what was on the report.

313 engine light on. Diagnose for engine light on. Performed electrical trouble shooting procedures for failer of P2097. Post catalyst fuel trim system to rich. Bank 1 diagnoses chart for diagnoses and continued on with testing. Performed tech line file number # -3976214. Submitted photos on vehicle air cooler o-ring seals were missing on two out of three seals. Removed and access them, ordered parts needed for repairs on engine light. Replaced lower air inner cooler on vehicle and replaced all three o-rings seals.

Service manager was busy when I picked up the car, wasn't able to get pictures. Hoping to meet with him this week.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like they forgot to put the o-rings on the intercooler seals. Whatever happened with the OP's car?