Jerryl

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
I recently got one 2020 civic type r and it is tuned and parts with inter cooler and downpipe. When I drive to the freeway it suddenly pop up these two codes which is emissions system problem and rev match. Are these major problems or just ignore it. I am new to the Honda, and also I think the previous owner tuned it with Hondata. If anyone from Long Island area plz recommend me a shop I could go in and check these problems out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jerryl

Jerryl

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Emissions system and rev match problem light on 6349731B-05E3-4458-8730-23AD1658F180
Honda Civic 10th gen Emissions system and rev match problem light on 9AB89EFA-1DBD-459E-8AB5-BAEDF96FA5D8

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Are you sure you calibrated Hondata to your mods and uploaded it correctly? You shouldn't be having these error codes if your calibration was uploaded successfully to your ECU.

OP
OP
Jerryl

Jerryl

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
I don’t have Hondata with me, the last owner tuned it. I am trying to go a shop with Hondata and let them check my car. But the car running ok except when you downshifting the rev match system run in a little bit late.

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
You need to get whatever Hondata was paired to the car and recalibrate for your mods.

OP
OP
Jerryl

Jerryl

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
So the Hondata binds the car? Or if it’s ok to get a new one and pairs the car.

OP
OP
Jerryl

Jerryl

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
I found a shop with Hondata tune, I am going in this week let them run the tune for me, I will be upgrade the results once it’s done, thank you

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
It's pretty easy to do yourself if you wanted to save some money.

OP
OP
Jerryl

Jerryl

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
i mean I have to get an Hondata plash pro and my laptop is MacBook so it is worth to go the shop and they said they going to run the thing free and then give me quote about how much it cost.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently got one 2020 civic type r and it is tuned and parts with inter cooler and downpipe. When I drive to the freeway it suddenly pop up these two codes which is emissions system problem and rev match. Are these major problems or just ignore it. I am new to the Honda, and also I think the previous owner tuned it with Hondata. If anyone from Long Island area plz recommend me a shop I could go in and check these problems out.
This is so weird. My bone stock- never modded- 2018 Type R made a loud flapping noise and whistling howl when I started it up this afternoon. And had the same two messages as yours- emissions system and rev match. I turned it off immediately. Started it again. No weird sound. Same two service messages.
Drove it 25 miles. Stopped. Tried turning it off and back on. Nope, messages still there.
Made several more stops. Added air to rear right tire. Two more stops. Driving home from the last stop- no service lights. Like it never happened.
Car has 42,000 miles. Just serviced in December. Maintenance minder- 60% .
Thinking maybe something got in the exhaust or engine bay? If it was just an electrical short/ loose wire, that would explain message on then eventually off- but not that horrendous sound.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
That is coming from the maf when it pops. The guy before you is what is known as an asshole for making a few bucks instead of selling you a properly tuned car. Drive easy till you get it tuned and you’ll be sorted.

2018 guy check your MAF plug on the intake tube to the airbox and the intake pipe leading to the big earth dreams inlet pipe. Those codes happened to me changing my intake and having to briefly start the car to move it with everything disconnected. After about 50 miles and a few restarts it cleared.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is coming from the maf when it pops. The guy before you is what is known as an asshole for making a few bucks instead of selling you a properly tuned car. Drive easy till you get it tuned and you’ll be sorted.

2018 guy check your MAF plug on the intake tube to the airbox and the intake pipe leading to the big earth dreams inlet pipe. Those codes happened to me changing my intake and having to briefly start the car to move it with everything disconnected. After about 50 miles and a few restarts it cleared.
Thank you for that!

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's the problem - it is not throwing any codes now...it's weird - like it never happened. Probably should have pulled codes when it happened yesterday but needed to be somewhere and for some reason I haven't purchased a good code reader yet.

No messages, no noises. About ready to cancel my appointment at Honda on Monday -it is under warranty.

First time anything has acted up.
Sponsored