gustavob38

First Name
Gustavo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T 2017
Country flag
I just bought a 2017 Civic EX-T, 1.5 Turbo with 73 thousand kms driven. Everything was fine until I filled the fuel tank with regular fuel. I noticed that it lost strength and was somehow stuck. The next day when I started the car, it turned off, I turned it on again and it continued normal, but I kept noticing that the turbo and the car itself had lost strength. As I used it, the car began to wobble between 500 and 1000 rmp, while the car goes above 1000 rmp the car runs normal. The car turned on the "Check Emission System" light, I took it to a mechanic and the scanner showed Code P2187, the one for poor fuel mixture in bank 1. We thought it was regular gasoline and we replaced it, but still the car has the problem. The weird thing is that today I run it for about 20 km and the car stabilized well and continued as if nothing had happened, the turbo worked well up to 5+. But back home I turned it off, turned it on again and continued the Problem of the Emission System.
Has anyone had this problem or something similar happened?
Please help
Sponsored

OP
OP

gustavob38

First Name
Gustavo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T 2017
Country flag
I'm voting injectors or plugs need looked at. I'd try to watch misfire counts if you're able to.
how do I watch those misfire counts?

when I turn it on, the car tries hard to keep himself on between 500 and 1000 rpm.
I’m thinking about the fuel filter or the fuel bomb.

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
how do I watch those misfire counts?

when I turn it on, the car tries hard to keep himself on between 500 and 1000 rpm.
I’m thinking about the fuel filter or the fuel bomb.
As far as I know only filter is built into the lpfp. But im not sure on that. I just use a cheap obd dongle or my ktuner to view misfires. I'm thinking a cyl is not firing if its rough idle until higher rpms where the flywheel carries the momentum.

OP
OP

gustavob38

First Name
Gustavo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T 2017
Country flag
As far as I know only filter is built into the lpfp. But im not sure on that. I just use a cheap obd dongle or my ktuner to view misfires. I'm thinking a cyl is not firing if its rough idle until higher rpms where the flywheel carries the momentum.
the misfire yesterday with the scanner where -46 in P.

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
the misfire yesterday with the scanner where -46 in P.
Do you have anyway to see which cyl the misfire is coming from? If you can figure out the cyl then you can swap the plug with a good cyl and see if the issue follows. Then try to swap ignition coil if the issue doesn't follow the spark plug.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Do you have anyway to see which cyl the misfire is coming from? If you can figure out the cyl then you can swap the plug with a good cyl and see if the issue follows. Then try to swap ignition coil if the issue doesn't follow the spark plug.
Agreed. A spark plug and ignition coil would be much cheaper to replace than the fuel injector.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Go to a dealer, injectors are under emissions warranty.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unless it turns out not to be the injectors and you have to pay a diagnostics charge.
that's the gamble. if its covered under warranty then you're good to go, if not, hopefully an extended warranty was purchased.
Sponsored