Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Who told you that? The only bolt-on part that requires a tune to not throw CELs is a catless downpipe.

You would benefit from a tune to properly calibrate the airflow metering, but it's not going to throw any CELs.
I agree with you. I took my car into Honda. The tech told me, the code was caused by the intake. I will be getting tuned, in the near future.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I agree with you. I took my car into Honda. The tech told me, the code was caused by the intake. I will be getting tuned, in the near future.
Yeah, that logic might apply on other Civics but not on a Type R. The ECU adjusts for almost every part without complaining.

Icenhour

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Just want to post this out there as today when I started the CTR, the rev match and emission error came on. I'm only at 329 miles. Hopefully something small but I notice other posts about it. Will make an appointment either this week or next week as I have a wedding to attend this weekend. Anyone know what the problem is? I looked in the other post someone mention twisted hose, not sure if that's the case with my problem. Posted the error message up.

20190107_072433.jpg

20190107_072430.jpg
Hey I own a 2020 type r with 11.000 miles that I have had tuned with a hondata flash pro and had installed a front pipe and intercooler and down pipe plus intake and cat back exhaust and my car has had all lights come one at once along with the head unit going out and rebooting I've taken it to 2 shops and they have not been able to fix it when I turn the car off all the lights will go off but the emissions control light and rev match system light. Have u found out any thing yet

Honda Civic 10th gen Emission and rev match system problem IMG_20210116_131723_152

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Did you see what the codes are? Check for leaks, pinched hoses, o rings or gaskets? If everything checks out, maybe clear the codes and see if they come back.

Icenhour

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you see what the codes are? Check for leaks, pinched hoses, o rings or gaskets? If everything checks out, maybe clear the codes and see if they come back.
Ok thank u

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
That sounds like an electrical issue. Did you pull the battery when you installed?

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I had this exact light once i installed the intercooler and charge pipes, i made sure everything was tight. I cleared the code once but it came back. It doesnt make sense to me

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
This is the code i get now... it wont clear p0420
Honda Civic 10th gen Emission and rev match system problem IMG-20210530-WA0004

2018ChampwhiteCTR

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type r; 2014 Honda Pilot; 2001 Honda prelude
Country flag
Same here. Installed downpipe and Hondata tune and continues to throw up a CEL and REV match.

I’ve disabled the secondary o2 sensor. Still no luck.

Anyone with any insights would be greatly appreciated. Seat dyno feels the same so no issues on that end of the spectrum.
Sponsored