First Name
Teo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus ,Toyota
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Just want to post this out there as today when I started the CTR, the rev match and emission error came on. I'm only at 329 miles. Hopefully something small but I notice other posts about it. Will make an appointment either this week or next week as I have a wedding to attend this weekend. Anyone know what the problem is? I looked in the other post someone mention twisted hose, not sure if that's the case with my problem. Posted the error message up.

Honda Civic 10th gen Emission and rev match system problem 20190107_072433

Honda Civic 10th gen Emission and rev match system problem 20190107_072430

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Bumping this - I just got the same error on mine. Only have 90 miles. What is causing this?

mdub83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR in White
Country flag
any updates ?
I got the rev match error , as well as emissions error. It comes on and will go away after a day or too.... if i really punch the gas, i notice it will come on again after i hear a small "poof" sound coming from the engine.
I took it to the dealer, and they said they believe it is the PRL intercooler. They say i did not bolt on one of the bolt tigth enough and there may be a leak. I was pretty sure I tighten them up well but who knows. anyone else have this problem?

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Fellas it could be a couple of things.

First step would be to scan the ecu through the obd2 and verify what type of cone gives you.
Second there is a recall of the wiring harness that causes that issue (I would call the dealer and ask if your Vin number is affected)
Third if you have aftermarket parts installed on the car and you made sure you installed it right, go fight the dealer. (I have left my car on the dealer to get my transmission inspected with full bolts on no issues).

*if any of you have hondata flashpro depending on the code you get it can be fix through Flashpro

Last edited:

Ctrvette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8, C7Z07
Country flag
I had the same issue at Roebling Road with 700 miles and a PRL Intercooler. The dealer replaced my fuel pump.

voiddweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR (Sold), '04 TSX MT, '19 Camaro ZL1 1LE MT
Country flag
After pulling code, the dealer replaced the bypass valve. They said no issues with harness for my VIN. Car is stock.

Honda Civic 10th gen Emission and rev match system problem 20190418_094802

Honda Civic 10th gen Emission and rev match system problem 2019-04-14 14.08.18 (Medium)

Last edited:

CBPtypeRgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ FK8, AP1 S2000, F-150, YZF-R6
Country flag
Fellas it could be a couple of things.

First step would be to scan the ecu throuth the obd2 and verify what type of cone gives you.
Second there is a recall of the wiring harness that causes that issue (I would call the dealer and ask if your Vin number is affected)
Third if you an aftermarket part installed on the car and you made sure you installed it right go fight the dealer. (I have left my car on the dealer to get my transmission inspected with full bolts on no issues).

*if any of you have hondata flashpro depending on the code you get it can be fix through Flashpro
How can it be fixed through FlashPro?

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How can it be fixed through FlashPro?
I dont think you can base on that code. I thought it was something related to the second O2 or P0101 which flashpro has the option to fix them, but you are stock. Is the issue resolved after dealer replaced the bypass valve?

voiddweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR (Sold), '04 TSX MT, '19 Camaro ZL1 1LE MT
Country flag
Nope, it came back.

Replacing the harness fixed it.

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Turns out, it was my PRL HVI that was causing the errors and lights. I was told to get a tune. lol or revert back to OEM.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Turns out, it was my PRL HVI that was causing the errors and lights. I was told to get a tune. lol or revert back to OEM.
Who told you that? The only bolt-on part that requires a tune to not throw CELs is a catless downpipe.

You would benefit from a tune to properly calibrate the airflow metering, but it's not going to throw any CELs.
Sponsored