vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
ordered mine this morn. now i have to wait for his cmc.

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
ordered mine this morn. now i have to wait for his cmc.
From what I've read. You can install without it just fine, minor adjustment of the pedal is needed is all and then install easily later when I finally available..

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
From what I've read. You can install without it just fine, minor adjustment of the pedal is needed is all and then install easily later when I finally available..
oh really? that's nice! no high rpm lockout without the kzcmc then?

Merilious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Curious as to why you don't just run a aftermarket clutch as apposed to going with an OEM FK8 clutch?

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Curious as to why you don't just run a aftermarket clutch as apposed to going with an OEM FK8 clutch?
When you buy emans retro kit it comes with the oem fk8 flywheel modified for the Si along with oem fk8 clutch disk. One could just bypass the fk8 clutch disk and put in an aftermarket one but there's no reason to for most as it would be a waste of money and the oem clutch is able to handle what most are putting down.

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Most of the aftermarket clutches for the 1.5T Si’s, are complete trash. Many have reported problems with gear lockout, heavy pedal feeling. Eman’s CTR Retro clutch has been proven to hold power and not slip. It also has an OEM Clutch pedal feel.

Merilious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Most of the aftermarket clutches for the 1.5T Si’s, are complete trash. Many have reported problems with gear lockout, heavy pedal feeling. Eman’s CTR Retro clutch has been proven to hold power and not slip. It also has an OEM Clutch pedal feel.

Ahh, I see. I guess unless your putting down 400+HP the FK8 clutch ca handle it.

RLegionSi

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Ahh, I see. I guess unless your putting down 400+HP the FK8 clutch ca handle it.
Eman’s Si is running the clutch he made. I think he’s putting down around 500hp+, and according to him, it’s held together really well. I would assume it’s capable of handling that. Most of the aftermarket clutches end up having chattering & end up breaking bc the amount of tq these Si’s put down is crazy.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
What was the problem with Eman's again? It's missing some component, right? I remember reading a few posts on it.
Sponsored