Dario

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic sport touring hatchback
Country flag
Hello to all Civic owners. A few months ago I bought a 2020 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback. This is the car of my dreams (come reality:). At this time I'm hoping to find help for the following 2 concerns:
Would anybody know if it is possible to have the vent to allow outside fresh air in without having the fan running? The second issue is how to have a clock displayed in the nav screen when everything else is off? I am able to configure a nice analog clock, but I can't get it to stay as default in the screen (when radio, nav, etc are off).
Thank you!
Sponsored

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Hello to all Civic owners. A few months ago I bought a 2020 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback. This is the car of my dreams (come reality:). At this time I'm hoping to find help for the following 2 concerns:
Would anybody know if it is possible to have the vent to allow outside fresh air in without having the fan running? The second issue is how to have a clock displayed in the nav screen when everything else is off? I am able to configure a nice analog clock, but I can't get it to stay as default in the screen (when radio, nav, etc are off).
Thank you!
1. Turn the temperature all the way down (Lo), then turn off the fan. When you have fresh air selected, it is bringing in fresh air all the time. However, it’s also still mixing in heat from the engine unless you turn temp all the way down.
2. You can add a clock to your instrument cluster (next to your odometer mileage)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dario

Dario

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1. Turn the temperature all the way down (Lo), then turn off the fan. When you have fresh air selected, it is bringing in fresh air all the time. However, it’s also still mixing in heat from the engine unless you turn temp all the way down.
2. You can add a clock to your instrument cluster (next to your odometer mileage)
Thank you, however, I already tried this, all the way to low, both sides, I can turn the fan on or off. When you turn the fan off, no fresh air will come from outside (and yes, the recirculation air is off:); best way to test this is at freeway speeds. Maybe I should just live with having the fan constantly on (albeit at the lowest speed) while driving, only wondering if doing this won't wear out the fan motor down the road.
About the clock in the nav system, one has several configuration options, which I can easily do. What I want is the clock to stay on full time (of course, except when there is nothing else going in the nav -radio, phone call, maps, etc.)

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
All right, I just drove 12 hours today and had plenty of time to mess around with thing. When you press off on the climate control, it redirects air to your feet. Also, unless you have a window open you will not get airflow into the vehicle because the air has nowhere to go. So when you press off on the climate control and change where you want the air to be directed and crack a window.

mans as far as the clock goes, exactly what I said earlier works. Black screen with just the time and date displayed. Never shuts off.
Home->info->clock/wallpaper

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Whether the air will flow or not with the fan off depends on the location of the A/C inlet vents. In some cars they may be catching some air when the car is moving and then you can feel some blow. In the civic apparently not. I keep my blower on practically all the time in any car, but I do remember cars where it would blow even without the fan. There were cars that didn't have a fan at all, but still had vents that could be opened or closed and heating.

As for the clock display I remember trying it, but it didn't work properly and would get stuck, so I gave up on this.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Whether the air will flow or not with the fan off depends on the location of the A/C inlet vents. In some cars they may be catching some air when the car is moving and then you can feel some blow. In the civic apparently not. I keep my blower on practically all the time in any car, but I do remember cars where it would blow even without the fan. There were cars that didn't have a fan at all, but still had vents that could be opened or closed and heating.

As for the clock display I remember trying it, but it didn't work properly and would get stuck, so I gave up on this.
Please read my post above yours.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
The old school cars like my 2000 Prelude retains the vent direction settings even when the fan is turned off. If I remembered correctly, I rarely turn the fan off and it was still working (slight clicking noise at the lowest speed and un-noticeable at any other speed) when I got rid of it at 330K+ miles and 20 years. So I wouldn't worry about the fan breaking on you. Even if it did, the fan only cost ~$50 and it's probably an easy diy job.

OP
OP
Dario

Dario

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The old school cars like my 2000 Prelude retains the vent direction settings even when the fan is turned off. If I remembered correctly, I rarely turn the fan off and it was still working (slight clicking noise at the lowest speed and un-noticeable at any other speed) when I got rid of it at 330K+ miles and 20 years. So I wouldn't worry about the fan breaking on you. Even if it did, the fan only cost ~$50 and it's probably an easy diy job.
Thank you!
Sponsored