Electronic Parking Brakes

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't need to adjust, because it does everything by itself. Comes on when i turn off the engine or take off seat belt or open the door and turns off when i disengage the clutch. I very rarely need to operate the button on the console.
Sponsored

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I actually like the space that it saves. Not a fan of bringing it to Honda to eventually get the pads replaced but that's the trade-off.
You don't have to take it to Honda to get the rear pads replaced. You just rotate the brake piston clockwise to make it go back in to make room for the new pads.

WNC_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Civic LX Coupe 6 speed manual ,2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 5 speed manual
I didn't need to adjust, because it does everything by itself. Comes on when i turn off the engine or take off seat belt or open the door and turns off when i disengage the clutch. I very rarely need to operate the button on the console.
I did not know this could be done. I have been manually setting it on and off like an old style handle brake for the past month

:banghead: :doh:

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did not know this could be done. I have been manually setting it on and off like an old style handle brake for the past month

:banghead: :doh:
My car is a manual, it may be different with CVT

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Edit: I read the manual. The Brake Hold will cancel if the seat belt is unfastened. There is also a warning box that says never to leave the vehicle while the Brake Hold is operating. I have to continue to engage the parking brake to get out of the car to open/close the garage door. The gear is in neutral because the engine is still on.
It just engages the parking brake automatically if you get out with brake hold engaged. Might just help you out after all.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
It was one of the things that sold me. Love the extra space.

drauma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX (6MT), 03 Civic LX (5MT-gone)
Country flag
Hate it. Almost a deal-breaker for me...

I drive 6MT, and some may argue with this, but I have always used my handbrake to correct for the understeer in slippery conditions when the car won't bite.

With the handbrake, I could just let it go and coast the car. Good for garage/ driveway movements when I don't feel like starting the car for just a few seconds.

What if the battery dies? No parking brake? Unless there's a battery backup I don't know about?

I may just be a bad driver overall ( I know I'm getting worse), but I looked at the handbrake as a driving aid, and the driveway thing is a general piss-off for me.

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
Hate it. Almost a deal-breaker for me...

I drive 6MT, and some may argue with this, but I have always used my handbrake to correct for the understeer in slippery conditions when the car won't bite.

With the handbrake, I could just let it go and coast the car. Good for garage/ driveway movements when I don't feel like starting the car for just a few seconds.

What if the battery dies? No parking brake? Unless there's a battery backup I don't know about?

I may just be a bad driver overall ( I know I'm getting worse), but I looked at the handbrake as a driving aid, and the driveway thing is a general piss-off for me.

I've never used the old handbrake as a driving aid. I do use low gear (AT).

Jimmyson27

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2019 Sprot
Country flag
my electric parking brake when engage and disgaging makes a loud robotic sound. is that normal?

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i miss the steering aid in slippery stuff.
i would even be happier with a method of modifying the switch to make it only fire rear brakes for a blip while moving.

low speed ice control would be much better.
Sponsored