Electronic E-Brake issue after brake job

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Thanks Shadow. I'm going to work on this in a couple hours when I head out of work. I'm sure it's due to not turning the actuator manually that's causing the braking light on the dash during it's initial start up.
Sponsored

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
From the shop manual:

Electric Parking Brake System Description - Control

Manual Operating Function
The electric parking brake can be manually applied and released using the switch. Pulling up on the electric parking brake switch applies the parking brake. Firmly applying the brake pedal and pushing down on the electric parking brake switch release it.

Drive Away Assist Function
- CVT

The electric parking brake is released automatically when the vehicle is driven away from a stop with the driver's seat belt buckled. Problems in the electric parking brake switch circuits do not affect this function.
- M/T
The electric parking brake is released automatically when the vehicle is driven away from a stop with the engine running, the vehicle in gear, the clutch engaged, and the driver's seat belt buckled. When the electric parking brake control unit confirms the appropriate amount of engine torque to move the vehicle forward relative to the incline of the slope, the electric parking brake releases.
Problems in the electric parking brake switch circuits do not affect this function.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the EPB actuator instructions it mentioned something about needing to replace the bolts and o-rings, do we have the P/N of those somewhere that we can order?

HotPaperPlate

First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any updates OP? Also try disconnecting the battery for a few mins.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
Just responding to this thread because I figured it out and i thought it'd be nice to have a conclusion to all this. I did the exact same thing as OP where while i was compressing the piston with the tool, i accidentally "broke" the e brake plug.

The solution is simple....

When you are connecting the wires back into the plug (there are two. one black and one white).

On the driver's side, the black wire is on top.

It is the opposite on the passenger side. Meaning...white on top. That's it.

jortanez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just responding to this thread because I figured it out and i thought it'd be nice to have a conclusion to all this. I did the exact same thing as OP where while i was compressing the piston with the tool, i accidentally "broke" the e brake plug.

The solution is simple....

When you are connecting the wires back into the plug (there are two. one black and one white).

On the driver's side, the black wire is on top.

It is the opposite on the passenger side. Meaning...white on top. That's it.
Thanks a million. This really helped to take away a lot of wasted time. This happened to me as well on my driver's side door and I didnt know which wire was to go on top. Thanks for sharing??

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
In the EPB actuator instructions it mentioned something about needing to replace the bolts and o-rings, do we have the P/N of those somewhere that we can order?
I just replaced my rear brake pads and rotors, you don't need to disconnect the connector, and you don't need to replace the bolts or the O ring. Just smear a bit of tune-up grease or silicone grease on the O ring, it will slide right in.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I ended up not disconnecting the connector since I hate plastic automotive connectors and I am always afraid of breaking them....They do sell the O-ring and bolts as a replacement kit.

The part I had the most annoyance on is tightening one of the slider pins. As the access to it is really limited because of the brake line pretty much in the way. I wonder how they do that at the dealerships...

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Yeah I ended up not disconnecting the connector since I hate plastic automotive connectors and I am always afraid of breaking them....They do sell the O-ring and bolts as a replacement kit.

The part I had the most annoyance on is tightening one of the slider pins. As the access to it is really limited because of the brake line pretty much in the way. I wonder how they do that at the dealerships...
I used these tools to remove and install the pins, and finished with a ratchet to tighten

Honda Civic 10th gen Electronic E-Brake issue after brake job Tools.JPG

Rudy

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
There is a electrical connector ( E ) on rear brake, that is what you see when you write 2 wires ?

Capture d’écran 2018-06-21 à 15.21.36.png
I have the same issue on my Civic, but the crimp is broken in the connector. Does anyone know the part number for the connector or better yet the cable harness for connector E?