Electrical problem?

tabbers02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic
Country flag
I’ve noticed that when I’m in my sport, nothing is turned on, and if I shut the glove box hard enough, my cabin dome light and dash lights come on. Is this an option electrical wiring issue or is this normal?

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I’ve noticed that when I’m in my sport, nothing is turned on, and if I shut the glove box hard enough, my cabin dome light and dash lights come on. Is this an option electrical wiring issue or is this normal?
It is behaving as if you opened the door and closed the door. I would say there is an electrical problem with one of the door switches.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
It is behaving as if you opened the door and closed the door. I would say there is an electrical problem with one of the door switches.
And I'd look at the passenger one first.

You can remove the glove box door and take a peek inside toward the door jamb and see if there's anything that looks weird. The momentary nature of the issue might suggest a loose connector on the back of the switch. Whatever it is; it requires a good whack to make the connection.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
And I'd look at the passenger one first.
More likely the driver door switch/wiring. When the driver door is open then closed with the ignition off, the dash shows the welcome graphics.

Just gently push the spring loaded rubber wrapped switch below the door latch. If that doesnt fix it, then probably a loose wire or conector somewherr.

OP
OP

tabbers02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic
Country flag
More likely the driver door switch/wiring. When the driver door is open then closed with the ignition off, the dash shows the welcome graphics.

Just gently push the spring loaded rubber wrapped switch below the door latch. If that doesnt fix it, then probably a loose wire or conector somewherr.

I did try to push the rubber on the door, but this did not help the situation. I was wondering if the alarm that HONDA installed recently has anything to do with a loose connection.