Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Ok, so I go into the garage to get my clothes out the dryer and I see light on. I Walk over and the R DRL are flashing. I try and use the key, it won’t work. I tried again but then it worked then stopped working again. Car is not responding to any of my keys nor can I turn radio on. DLRs kept flashing. I could hear a clicking sound from fuse box constantly. Decided to disconnect the battery.
Anyone with a clue?
I haven’t done anything to the car. Last thing I did was change valve cover but that was weeks ago and car ran fine. On Sunday I did a factory reset on radio but car was fine after that as well.
Now today this happens...
Sponsored

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Stick a multi-meter on it and get a rough idea of the state of charge in the battery.

Do that before jumping/charging it. You don't want to to magically start working again with no definitive answer as to why it happened in case it happens again.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Battery discharged. - Is it possible you left the car in accessory when you were fiddling with the radio? A 3 year-old battery may be nearing it's death date. Otherwise charge it and continue...

OP
OP
Ismael Lafluer

Ismael Lafluer

First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Stick a multi-meter on it and get a rough idea of the state of charge in the battery.

Do that before jumping/charging it. You don't want to to magically start working again with no definitive answer as to why it happened in case it happens again.
Ok will do

OP
OP
Ismael Lafluer

Ismael Lafluer

First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Battery discharged. - Is it possible you left the car in accessory when you were fiddling with the radio? A 3 year-old battery may be nearing it's death date. Otherwise charge it and continue...
I believe I may have but not 100% sure
I moved my car out of the garage because my son wanted to do some indoor soccer training. I pulled it back in a few hours later then this happened.

OP
OP
Ismael Lafluer

Ismael Lafluer

First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
locked out of my account, but I’m back and wanted to update everyone who gave advice and pointers. It was the battery. Replaced it and all issues gone.
Sponsored