ELECTRICAL/DRIVING ISSUES

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, I know some of this has been talked about in other threads but I am having a TON of issues that have popped up in the past 2 days.

Firslty, my fog lights stopped working. Then I got a Keyless entry error, then my hatch would open then shut (as seen on my cluster "hatch open", then I had a bunch of brake warning lights. When I got home I unplugged the battery over night. I wanted to flash back to stock (on KTuner v1.2) so I could see if the tune was the issue, when I was trying to turn the car off then on again to finish the flash, the car was clicking a bunch and i could hear the fuel pump prime and when i pressed the push to start the car started without my foot on the break. then I quickly turned the car off assuming the recovery flash was not successful but it was. So I decided to drive the car and see how it was, it idled really low and then when i got on it my RPMs would drop until I took my foot off the gas and then would allow me to rev back up, and I noticed every time the RPM would lower my doors would come unlocked and I would get the "hatch open" warning on the dash. No idea what is happening.

I do have a lot of mods but nothing new other than tints that i got 2 days ago, everything was running/working fine until this keyless entry issue. Any help would be appreciated before I schedule to bring it into my dealer!
Sponsored

OP
OP
kidcon

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would double check that you flashed it to stock first and then put oem intake on if it's not stock

OP
OP
kidcon

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would double check that you flashed it to stock first and then put oem intake on if it's not stock
Just curious why the intake would matter? I havent had a stock intake for 20k miles

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
It's hard to imagine how tints would cause electrical gremlins. But I always look at the last mod whenever something new comes up.

Could the tinting folks have accidentally loosened a harness, kicked something, adjusting something, etc... while driving the car, trying to adjust the radio, seat, etc?

OP
OP
kidcon

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's hard to imagine how tints would cause electrical gremlins. But I always look at the last mod whenever something new comes up.

Could the tinting folks have accidentally loosened a harness, kicked something, adjusting something, etc... while driving the car, trying to adjust the radio, seat, etc?
They didn’t touch any harnesses, the tint place I go to is owned by a family friend so I know they didn’t personally do anything to the car. I have seen that people have been having issues since tints use water when being put on to the windows. And there’s a sensor that’s pointed up that has been getting wet and causing the keyless entry issue but I’m having a lot more issues than just that

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just curious why the intake would matter? I havent had a stock intake for 20k miles
If you're having idling issues and they can't figure it out they'll probably just blame it on that

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
They didn’t touch any harnesses, the tint place I go to is owned by a family friend so I know they didn’t personally do anything to the car. I have seen that people have been having issues since tints use water when being put on to the windows. And there’s a sensor that’s pointed up that has been getting wet and causing the keyless entry issue but I’m having a lot more issues than just that
Got it. The moisture part makes perfect sense then.

As these cars get so electronic; the troubleshooting logic sometimes makes no sense. I just had occasion to tap the smart entry circuit in the fusebox under the dash. I believe it's a dedicated circuit with just one feature on it. I suppose it wouldn't hurt anything to simply pull that fuse (and disable the smart entry sensor) and see if that makes any difference with the other issues. weirder things have happened.

Anyway... good luck with it.

OP
OP
kidcon

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're having idling issues and they can't figure it out they'll probably just blame it on that
They can’t legally blame random things. They would have to prove the issue came from a modification

OP
OP
kidcon

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got it. The moisture part makes perfect sense then.

As these cars get so electronic; the troubleshooting logic sometimes makes no sense. I just had occasion to tap the smart entry circuit in the fusebox under the dash. I believe it's a dedicated circuit with just one feature on it. I suppose it wouldn't hurt anything to simply pull that fuse (and disable the smart entry sensor) and see if that makes any difference with the other issues. weirder things have happened.

Anyway... good luck with it.
Yeah it’s super annoying. Well today everything worked and my remote start worked. But when I was driving the locking stuff still happened but didn’t drop my rpm because I was taking it easy

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They can’t legally blame random things. They would have to prove the issue came from a modification
I don't trust them at all..they can always give you the we can't find anything wrong with it speech like they normally do

OP
OP
kidcon

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't trust them at all..they can always give you the we can't find anything wrong with it speech like they normally do
I’ve never had that issue with my dealer, they love when I bring my car in even if it’s just to get clips from the service shop. Always been very helpful with warranty things. My idle is fine now. I checked the tune and reflashed to stock and it was fine
Sponsored