Electric parking brake problem

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Wasn't this resolved by the recall they did for soft ware update late last year?
No idea, had the recall done not long after it was issued....dealer saw that in my records...guess we will see...my also ask them about why sometimes when I put it in reverse the camera is blank for about 10 seconds or the lanewatch camera is blank for a few seconds...its random, almost like the system is booting up still....it comes back on eventually, but no issues in the 2016 CRV with that
Sponsored

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
No idea, had the recall done not long after it was issued....dealer saw that in my records...guess we will see...my also ask them about why sometimes when I put it in reverse the camera is blank for about 10 seconds or the lanewatch camera is blank for a few seconds...its random, almost like the system is booting up still....it comes back on eventually, but no issues in the 2016 CRV with that
Have you ever rebooted your infotainment? You press on the powere until a pop up asks if you want to reboot. Select yes. Takes a few minutes to fully restart

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you ever rebooted your infotainment? You press on the powere until a pop up asks if you want to reboot. Select yes. Takes a few minutes to fully restart
ha, can't say I have....guess it is android, and like my LG G2, I should have known to restart it....I will try that sometime...it didn't bother me, I can live with it because I love driving the car....I was on the fence about getting the extended warranty too, but maybe I should :)

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
ha, can't say I have....guess it is android, and like my LG G2, I should have known to restart it....I will try that sometime...it didn't bother me, I can live with it because I love driving the car....I was on the fence about getting the extended warranty too, but maybe I should :)
I definitely would get the extended if you plan to drive the car a long time.
Mine started out doing what yours is doing. Eventually it got worse I would make right turns and lane watch cam would stay on a few seconds then go black.
The infotainment would freeze and now allow me to access climate control, it would keep returning to the menu screen making incessant beeping. After 4 months of this I got really pissed off when in 100+ degree summer heat I could not access climate control to turn on the AC to cool off my car. I have Asthma so this is dangerous for me. Honda refused to let the dealership replace the unit. I finally called Honda and said look if I end up in the hospital or die from an asthma attack because I cannot access my AC on my Touring to cool off my car, expect to get the living crap sued out of you. Suddenly they called the dealership and gave the OK to replace the head unit. Had the car for 5 months after the replacement and had no issues. Eventually traded it December 19 because I was sick of fighting with them over the tweeters rattling and vibrating and the woofer on the back deck doing likewise. Traded for a 2016 Brand new CRV EXL, zero issues, very happy. I miss some of the toys the Civic Touring had, but I don't miss having to keep taking it to the dealership for issues. I did not go for the 2017 CRV because I did not want to be another early adopter and deal with issues. When my lease is up on the 2016 I will trade for the newer style CRV. And hope they have gotten the bugs out by then.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I definitely would get the extended if you plan to drive the car a long time.
Mine started out doing what yours is doing. Eventually it got worse I would make right turns and lane watch cam would stay on a few seconds then go black.
The infotainment would freeze and now allow me to access climate control, it would keep returning to the menu screen making incessant beeping. After 4 months of this I got really pissed off when in 100+ degree summer heat I could not access climate control to turn on the AC to cool off my car. I have Asthma so this is dangerous for me. Honda refused to let the dealership replace the unit. I finally called Honda and said look if I end up in the hospital or die from an asthma attack because I cannot access my AC on my Touring to cool off my car, expect to get the living crap sued out of you. Suddenly they called the dealership and gave the OK to replace the head unit. Had the car for 5 months after the replacement and had no issues. Eventually traded it December 19 because I was sick of fighting with them over the tweeters rattling and vibrating and the woofer on the back deck doing likewise. Traded for a 2016 Brand new CRV EXL, zero issues, very happy. I miss some of the toys the Civic Touring had, but I don't miss having to keep taking it to the dealership for issues. I did not go for the 2017 CRV because I did not want to be another early adopter and deal with issues. When my lease is up on the 2016 I will trade for the newer style CRV. And hope they have gotten the bugs out by then.
Interesting, I have the same CRV, but I prefer cars...plus the CRV is slow after driving the Civic :) This is the only the second time to take it in at least...

Once I rebooted the system, it came up on the screen of the radio and said brake error...tire pressure system error and a couple more...probably because of it being on the dash yesterday...I started the car twice and no issues with it, also engaged and dis-engaged the brake...so I guess the message stays on for a while even if it isn't lit up on the dash?

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, I have the same CRV, but I prefer cars...plus the CRV is slow after driving the Civic :) This is the only the second time to take it in at least...

Once I rebooted the system, it came up on the screen of the radio and said brake error...tire pressure system error and a couple more...probably because of it being on the dash yesterday...I started the car twice and no issues with it, also engaged and dis-engaged the brake...so I guess the message stays on for a while even if it isn't lit up on the dash?
Mine did that too, it was part of the problem with the unit. I was the first person to buy a Civic Touring from my Honda dealership, got the first one off the truck, lucked out it was the color I wanted, Rallye Red. Had over 6 months trouble free, then the problems started. Had to keep taking it in which gets annoying when you pay that much for a car. My dealership is 55 minutes one way so it's not a quick trip either. All their loaner cars are 2014 Civic LX's which I loathe. Got really annoying having to take in my fancy Civic and drive a base model of a style I hate. Needless to say all the ribbing I was taking from friends about how much time my car was in the shop. Honda sent an engineer to meet with me at my Honda dealership, he spent over an hour in the car with me trying to figure out where all the rattles and buzzing noises were coming from when you listen to the stereo over volume 10. I mean come on, you put a stereo like that in the car and cannot listen to it loud? The CRV I got has a louder stereo and better quality sound to it IMO. And the CRV is better in the snow, the clearance is better too, I loved being able to just get in and drive over 2 feet of snow left by the plow guys. With the Civic that would have meant a lot of back breaking shoveling. I think if the 2017 CRV is any good it will be the best of both worlds, AWD and TURBO! Yahoo! :D I am starting to see some of them in the wild and feeling a tad jealous knowing they have the turbo under the hood hehe

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Wasn't this resolved by the recall they did for soft ware update late last year?
I've heard reports that the issue was still occurring after the update, much less often tho.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine did that too, it was part of the problem with the unit. I was the first person to buy a Civic Touring from my Honda dealership, got the first one off the truck, lucked out it was the color I wanted, Rallye Red. Had over 6 months trouble free, then the problems started. Had to keep taking it in which gets annoying when you pay that much for a car. My dealership is 55 minutes one way so it's not a quick trip either. All their loaner cars are 2014 Civic LX's which I loathe. Got really annoying having to take in my fancy Civic and drive a base model of a style I hate. Needless to say all the ribbing I was taking from friends about how much time my car was in the shop. Honda sent an engineer to meet with me at my Honda dealership, he spent over an hour in the car with me trying to figure out where all the rattles and buzzing noises were coming from when you listen to the stereo over volume 10. I mean come on, you put a stereo like that in the car and cannot listen to it loud? The CRV I got has a louder stereo and better quality sound to it IMO. And the CRV is better in the snow, the clearance is better too, I loved being able to just get in and drive over 2 feet of snow left by the plow guys. With the Civic that would have meant a lot of back breaking shoveling. I think if the 2017 CRV is any good it will be the best of both worlds, AWD and TURBO! Yahoo! :D I am starting to see some of them in the wild and feeling a tad jealous knowing they have the turbo under the hood hehe
I personally don't like the backs of the crv now... Wasn't a fan of the older ones, but the spoiler add on helped.. We will keep that one, wife likes it, sometimes misses her Ridgeline, but doesn't miss the smaller size and I don't miss the bad gas mileage... Odd about your radio, no issues in my Ex-t.... Its not great, but good enough. I personally love the looks of the civic, to me, I think its one of Hondas nicest looking cars, tho some don't like it, once I saw it and drove it, I wanted it. Its big enough for me to haul my son (kinda miss my Accord coupe), but having the sedan is nice. I still need to price the extended warranty since I am under the 6k miles mark

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I personally don't like the backs of the crv now... Wasn't a fan of the older ones, but the spoiler add on helped.. We will keep that one, wife likes it, sometimes misses her Ridgeline, but doesn't miss the smaller size and I don't miss the bad gas mileage... Odd about your radio, no issues in my Ex-t.... Its not great, but good enough. I personally love the looks of the civic, to me, I think its one of Hondas nicest looking cars, tho some don't like it, once I saw it and drove it, I wanted it. Its big enough for me to haul my son (kinda miss my Accord coupe), but having the sedan is nice. I still need to price the extended warranty since I am under the 6k miles mark
I absolutely loved the look of the Civic Touring. When I first saw it I thought omg I have to have it. I went for the gusto and got the Touring since it was reasonably priced for all those goodies. The inside of the new 2017 CRV is just like the Civic inside very stylish and very comfy seats. I wish they'd been able to make the Civic a hatch without cutting so much off it. I looked at the 2017 Civic hatch, and the leg room is so much less in the hatch for back seat. If they could have made it look just like the sedan but make it a hatch it would have been great. I really need a hatchback vehicle for hauling stuff, it was hard to deal with the sedan for a year, I'm not really a sedan person. Unless Honda comes out with something else that gets my attention in 3 years I see myself going for the new style CRV when my lease ends. Not a fan of the colors of the new style tho. I have Mountain air metallic, very eye catching color. I dont care for the new colors at all. I love the civic colors very sassy and sharp!

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, took car in yesterday (forgot to reply on here)....they did a software update on it, the paperwork shows "Update Software VSA Bulletin 17-007" They also did a visual inspection and said nothing needed at this time -- I hope not, it only has 4800 miles...so I guess we will see how this does?
I was thinking about getting the 7ry/80k mile warranty, only $670 for it, $215 less then going the 8th year, so probably should be good...anyone have any advice on that? EPB and brake hold is about the only thing I worry with on this car

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
I've heard reports that the issue was still occurring after the update, much less often tho.
Yes I noticed the error today too. I thought I had it fix when I did the recall.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yes I noticed the error today too. I thought I had it fix when I did the recall.
Haven't seen it since I replaced the crappy factory battery tho.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Haven't seen it since I replaced the crappy factory battery tho.
It still works which is kinda weird. I don't really want to spend $90 for a new battery lol. It's not that bad, but I'm kinda OCD when it comes to car error lights.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
It still works which is kinda weird. I don't really want to spend $90 for a new battery lol. It's not that bad, but I'm kinda OCD when it comes to car error lights.
I upgraded because I was having to jumpstart a new car all the time, plus all the small electrical based issues.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I don't have the 7" screen so there's no error text, but I saw a "brake system" warning light with red brake light come on while driving. It went a way after a few minutes.

Also, half the time I have to press the brake button twice to get it to activate. I use the brake every time I park so I've used it a lot. Why do I do that? Cause once I left it in gear and it started rolling backwards - freaked me out.

This car has more quality issues than my 12 year old BMW had.
Sponsored