First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had the "Electric parking brake problem" error message come up today. Turned the car on and off a few times and it when away. Anyone have this fixed at the dealer. I can see a few of us have had this issue. But all of the sudden get this...

I think there is a problem with a connection somewhere or a switch...why, cause the road I was on had a lot of bumps just prior to the issue. Just my thoughts.
I had it just once. It happened when I parked the car and came out 30 min later when I came out to start it. I pushed the button on for the brake and turned it off. It went away. I backed into a parking space with a slight decline.
Sponsored

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Had the "Electric parking brake problem" error message come up today. Turned the car on and off a few times and it when away. Anyone have this fixed at the dealer. I can see a few of us have had this issue. But all of the sudden get this...

I think there is a problem with a connection somewhere or a switch...why, cause the road I was on had a lot of bumps just prior to the issue. Just my thoughts.
My dealership looked at the car for it while they were replacing the radio, couldn't replicate the error. Has not happened since. They called Honda and sent in my photo and Honda doesn't know either

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
My dealership looked at the car for it while they were replacing the radio, couldn't replicate the error. Has not happened since. They called Honda and sent in my photo and Honda doesn't know either
Thank you, just got off the phone from a friend that works for Honda. He looked it up in their system. The problem has been around since July of this year. It states and I quote, "This issue will be addressed in the next update". We are aware of this issue.

WHEN THE HE$$ ARE THEY RELEASING THIS UPDATE. MY OTHER HALF, just had a baby, and she needs reliable car to take the baby to the DR's. I am so frustrated sorry to vent, but I have had one issue after another.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had it just once. It happened when I parked the car and came out 30 min later when I came out to start it. I pushed the button on for the brake and turned it off. It went away. I backed into a parking space with a slight decline.
I was in a slight incline myself today, but Honda's tech line said, known issue, corrected with software update soon.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, just got off the phone from a friend that works for Honda. He looked it up in their system. The problem has been around since July of this year. It states and I quote, "This issue will be addressed in the next update". We are aware of this issue.

WHEN THE HE$$ ARE THEY RELEASING THIS UPDATE. MY OTHER HALF, just had a baby, and she needs reliable car to take the baby to the DR's. I am so frustrated sorry to vent, but I have had one issue after another.
As annoying as it is, they do fix things eventually. This is why its SO important for us to call Honda and tell them about the problems, because if Honda does not know about it, they cannot develop a fix for it. Cannot count on the dealerships to report the problems so I call them myself.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, to those who have been to the dealer on this exact issue: "Electric Parking Brake Problem" on the tach display, WHAT DID THE DEALER TELL YOU, THE CAUSE AND THE FIX? Like hardware or software issue? and so forth. Thanks

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK, to those who have been to the dealer on this exact issue: "Electric Parking Brake Problem" on the tach display, WHAT DID THE DEALER TELL YOU, THE CAUSE AND THE FIX? Like hardware or software issue? and so forth. Thanks
Honda is aware of the problem and working on a fix for it, no current fix for it.

Jeff52.boehm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I've had this twice now. Both times after having the accessories on but the engine off. (Pushed start without foot on break. Adjusted radio presets and then pressed second time without foot on break to turn everything off). I think this is a minor glitch in the self diagnostics it runs when you start the car the next time.

markee

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic hatchback ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Happened to me friday. A restart fixed it, but good to know others are experiencing it too. GDI HONDA.
how did you reset it?i pretty much done everything but still not working properly

Jimmyson27

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2019 Sprot
Country flag
:mad: Yes mine did the same thing today, first time ever, car has 9800 miles on it. Started the car and it shows the little i with the circle around it, and it says on the odometer screen "Parking brake system problem" and the parking brake light is flashing on and off (red). I have never used the parking brake on the car ever. I have no idea why it's doing this. I restarted the car again, and it was still there, restarted a 3rd time, still there. 4th time it went away and did not happen again for the rest of the day that I had started and stopped it.
Starting to think maybe I need to hit craigs list and find an old beater that doesnt have all this fancy tech that keeps screwing up.:what:
I'll report it to the dealership and I'm sure I'll be told unless it can be replicated they cannot do anything, and I'm sure even if they can replicate they will stay we are waiting for Honda to write a software fix for it.
How does this even start happening after 8 months of ownership and 9800 miles out of nowhere my car is developing new technology problems it seems every freaking week!!!!!!!! UGH :banghead: :thumbsdown: :mad::mad:
should i be using electric parking brake? civic cvt transmisson

Civic92

First Name
Elle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2019
Country flag
I’ve had my civic for 5 months. When the car is in reverse or drive I’ve experienced it rolling forward by itself. Tuesday night I was in the car listening to music just relaxing and the engine shut off. Then Electric Brake Light Error came in. Then ABS warning came on. Fasten your seat belt warning came on. The car was parked with my feet not touching anything. I kept trying to restart the car 8 times. Nothing happened besides the car had less “power” for lack of a better word to keep showing me the error. Wednesday morning at 6:40 am I went to check on the car it started find. I took it into Honda after work because this is dangerous what if I was on the road. They said they will try to replicate it or find an issue. They will let me know. The car has 13000 miles on it but I bought it brand new and never have issues with it unless it’s a technical issue. I’ve had issues with my cruise control, brake warning, and merging. The car technology needs to be reset or something. Convenience of technology is great but it isn’t conducive for everything.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Low charge on battery, or a bad battery will do this. Letting it sit for a period usually allows it to recover enough to get one try at restarting..
Sponsored