Election Day

DarkTimber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Civic Hatch MT
Colorado has an all mail-in ballot, therefore, yes, I voted 10 days ago. I wish all states had that available since most people cannot take off work and have long commutes. There are lots of states without early voting.

Popular vote count will not be known for weeks to come. However, electoral votes are what count.

The last time I purchased a new car (2002), I lost my job 30 days later. I had 2 painful layoffs during a previous Presidential administration in the 2000s. January 2017 jobs report in February may be an indicator of which direction the economy goes. Generally, companies do not hire during uncertainty. I may postpone my Sport Touring purchase until I see a stable economy in 2017.

I predict Holiday shopping will be down. Generally, consumers do not make purchases during uncertainty, especially, large purchases.

I wish you all well and hope for the best.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
As my favorite commentator said, anyone who votes for a candidate with no possibility of being elected (3rd party) is actually saying they don't care who is elected.

Is there really a good reason why we can file our federal and state taxes online but not vote online? :coffee:

Last edited:

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They might have been under the impression that the gorilla's wife could step in.

Many folks voting wanted to throw a Molotov cocktail at "the system." Now we all have to live with the consequences.

Last edited:

gwaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac vibe
Colorado has an all mail-in ballot, therefore, yes, I voted 10 days ago. I wish all states had that available since most people cannot take off work and have long commutes. There are lots of states without early voting.

Popular vote count will not be known for weeks to come. However, electoral votes are what count.

The last time I purchased a new car (2004), I lost my job 30 days later. I had 2 painful layoffs during a previous Presidential administration in the 2000s. January 2017 jobs report in February may be an indicator of which direction the economy goes. Generally, companies do not hire during uncertainty. I may postpone my Sport Touring purchase until I see a stable economy in 2017.

I predict Holiday shopping will be down. Generally, consumers do not make purchases during uncertainty, especially, large purchases.

I wish you all well and hope for the best.
Thanks for your insight regarding new car purchase and the economic results of this Presidency. I'm sorry you had such a hard time with the layoffs of the past. I've worked at busy hospitals through everything so I've been lucky. Instead of laying off hospitals I've worked at keep building additions. God bless and hope your New year is prosperous.:)

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this isn't the right place, but fuck all the cunts who voted for fucking HARAMBE.
12,000 votes or something for a dead fucking gorilla. SMH America.
Finally tally was like 15k. Not surprised, a few months back I saw nearly 1/3 of the country was undecided. The lesser of two evils...it just shows the level of apathy people have with the future direction of our leadership.

Hoping that after the initial (justified) holy-shit-what-happened moment that everyone has, people will continue on as usual. Because really, all this does is show how bullshit politics in America are. Fuck the politics, and quite frankly, the politicians too.

Last edited:

gwaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac vibe
Finally tally was like 15k. Not surprised, a few months back I saw nearly 1/3 of the country was undecided. The lesser of twork evils...it just shows the level of apathy people have with the future direction of our leadership.

Hoping that after the initial (justified) holy-shit-what-happened moment that everyone has, people will continue on as usual. Because really, all this does is show how bullshit politics in America are. Fuck the politics, and quite frankly, the politicians too.
I know this isn't the right place, but fuck all the cunts who voted for fucking HARAMBE.
12,000 votes or something for a dead fucking gorilla. SMH America.
Actually , this isn't the place for foul language . Its the place for information related to or even remotely related to , buying a Civic .Let's not become a train wreck like those commentors on youtube. :topic:

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The undecided baffled me perhaps more than T voters. If you drank the Kool Aid, so be it. But really...staring at it for months and months, smelling the miasma, wondering should I drink it??

gwaps said "Actually, this isn't the place for foul language" -- And the presidency is? I shudder to think of the example being set for youngsters vis-à-vis acceptable public discourse.

Back to topic: I'd be interested in seeing an election breakdown by car make, model owned.;)

Last edited:

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
Your neighbours up north are watching in a mixture of amusement and horror :p
I know people in Windsor. But I don't know ALL the people in Windsor, lol. The ones I DO know all wanted Trump to win, as did their relatives living in the US. They thought Trump would be better for both Canada and the US. I did, too. I hope we are right...

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
Finally tally was like 15k. Not surprised, a few months back I saw nearly 1/3 of the country was undecided. The lesser of twork evils...it just shows the level of apathy people have with the future direction of our leadership.

Well, I think that's EXACTLY what happened! Enough people were SICK of politicians, especially corrupt politicians like Hillary Clinton, that Trump won the election!

Coconuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Touring Sedan
Well, we have Tim Hortons coffee, Canadian whisky, lots of "eh's" and "sorrys", and we are referred to by Honda as Civic Nation.

It's aboot time you guys come join the fun, bring your snow tires! ;)

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, we have Tim Hortons coffee, Canadian whisky, lots of "eh's" and "sorrys", and we are referred to by Honda as Civic Nation.

It's aboot time you guys come join the fun, bring your snow tires! ;)
Well, time to roll the dice and find me a Canadian honey! OKCupid, here I come!

stak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Actually , this isn't the place for foul language . Its the place for information related to or even remotely related to , buying a Civic .Let's not become a train wreck like those commentors on youtube. :topic:
Actually, this isn't "the place for information related to or even remotely related to , buying a Civic", this is the Off-Topic Chat Lounge section of the forum so this is the last place to expect any discussion of a Civic. And the topic of this thread is "Election Day" so there is no need to get "back to topic" since we're already there.
Sponsored