Eibach Springs Available Soon!

staged84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic touring
Country flag
Ya know, I'm not actually sure. I didn't measure before I put them on. However, it dropped more than I thought it would, and I really like it! It's low enough that there isn't a lot of gap between the tire and fender.
Hows the ride feel after prokit. Im thinking about getting one soon.
Sponsored

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! You're going to like it!

IMG_1712.JPG
Did you install yourself or have a shop do it? If a shop did it, how much did it cost? Also, I have heard the ride quality is good even after this drop, is that true? I love how your car sits and I want mine to sit just like it. I am ready to order the springs and front strut brace, just want a tad bit more info on it.

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accords couple ex-l 6cylinder 1999 Si 96k greddy turbo kit
Did you install yourself or have a shop do it? If a shop did it, how much did it cost? Also, I have heard the ride quality is good even after this drop, is that true? I love how your car sits and I want mine to sit just like it. I am ready to order the springs and front strut brace, just want a tad bit more info on it.
I did my install myself rears took 30 minutes to do both sides, remove the stabilizer link bolt thats attached to the LCA and the bolt holding the LCA to the knuckle then the LCA will swing down out of the way. Front are a little more of a pita!!! I removed the stabilizer link top bolt, removed the ball join nuts from the LCA pulled the LCA down and lifted the knuckle up. Then remove the strut bolt at the knuckle, and lastly remove the 3 bolts on the strut tower. You'll need either manual spring compressors which you can rent at autozone, or a spring press. Fronts took us about 1hr 20. Once we figured out the Rt side the Lt side went quick.

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's some pics of my 17 hatchback with sport ine springs installed.

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Springs Available Soon! 20170218_103810

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Springs Available Soon! 20170218_103840

Honda Civic 10th gen Eibach Springs Available Soon! 20170218_103904

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a quick video/walk around with the Eibach Sport line springs installed. The ride quality is great! I didn't tell my wife I lowered the car we went on a 60 mile trip got home and I asked her hey how's the car ride? She asked fine why? I said I lowered it, she didn't believe me walked out to the garage and said wow it looks cool. Haha

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
I did my install myself rears took 30 minutes to do both sides, remove the stabilizer link bolt thats attached to the LCA and the bolt holding the LCA to the knuckle then the LCA will swing down out of the way. Front are a little more of a pita!!! I removed the stabilizer link top bolt, removed the ball join nuts from the LCA pulled the LCA down and lifted the knuckle up. Then remove the strut bolt at the knuckle, and lastly remove the 3 bolts on the strut tower. You'll need either manual spring compressors which you can rent at autozone, or a spring press. Fronts took us about 1hr 20. Once we figured out the Rt side the Lt side went quick.
Thank you! I have done it on a few vehicles but every one holds it's own challenges. I think I will be doing it myself as well.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Called Eibach and spoke to a representative. They will be getting a 2.0L test car soon to see if the 1.5L springs will work on it. If no tthey will have to design an entirely new spring for the LX and EX's. Hopefully Koni develops a shock in this time.

OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
My springs should be here this week

Hansolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
My Sportlines just arrived in the mail yesterday! Unfortunately I won't have time to install it until next week or weekend :( will post a picture up once done!

Did you end up trimming your bump stops while installing? Thanks in advance!

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Sportlines just arrived in the mail yesterday! Unfortunately I won't have time to install it until next week or weekend :( will post a picture up once done

I mentioned it in the video that I did trim the front bump stops, direction says to do rears. But honestly I have never trimmed the rears and nevery had a stock shock blow with sport lines installed. I had 25k on my stock 14 Si struts when I sold it still rode great.

Did you end up trimming your bump stops while installing? Thanks in advance!

MinhQP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you need to use a pass through socket wrench to take the top hat off the front struts?

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Ended up pulling the trigger and ordering Ksport coils. Although i wanted Eibachs the idea of being able to control my ride height was more enticing. I hope the ride just isn't too harsh.

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you need to use a pass through socket wrench to take the top hat off the front struts?
no I compressed the spring and a spring compressor and used a impact gun came right off no problems, same on the stabilizer link. I did have to use a pass thru socket to tighten the links, you can pick up a nice pass thur socket set at harbor freight for under $30. MAKE SURE YOU TIGHTEN THE LINKS TO CORRECT SPECS, they are cheap buy a pain to replace!

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ended up pulling the trigger and ordering Ksport coils. Although i wanted Eibachs the idea of being able to control my ride height was more enticing. I hope the ride just isn't too harsh.
I'm the complete opposite LOL, I hate having to keep adjusting them to get it to sit perfectly even.

cmanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
no I compressed the spring and a spring compressor and used a impact gun came right off no problems, same on the stabilizer link. I did have to use a pass thru socket to tighten the links, you can pick up a nice pass thur socket set at harbor freight for under $30. MAKE SURE YOU TIGHTEN THE LINKS TO CORRECT SPECS, they are cheap buy a pain to replace!
@Notmighty Is this documented in the install instructions that may or may not come with the kit, or do you just know this because of your line of work?
Sponsored