Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ohhh gotcha. Nope no issues at all. Installed them myself too. It’s a just 4 connectors you have to unplug.
Wait: so, you have them unplugged (basically using them as regular unadjustable dampers)?
Sponsored

OP
OP
PdxJose

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Wait: so, you have them unplugged (basically using them as regular unadjustable dampers)?
No. Sorry if I’m not being clear. I meant when you install them, it’s just 1 connector per strut that you have to disconnect and then reconnect when putting it back together. The plug you are disconnecting and reconnecting is the ADS. You have to reconnect it in order for it to work. Mine are plugged in and I use sport mode once and a while with no issues.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No. Sorry if I’m not being clear. I meant when you install them, it’s just 1 connector per strut that you have to disconnect and then reconnect when putting it back together. The plug you are disconnecting and reconnecting is the ADS. You have to reconnect it in order for it to work. Mine are plugged in and I use sport mode once and a while with no issues.
Ah! Perfectly clear now. Thanks! GTK! I really like the stance of your ride, so, considering the Sportlines now.

phongX11

First Name
Phong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback SPORT
Country flag
I looked everywhere for the instructions but couldn’t find any for these sportlines for the Si. The instructions didnt come in the box and Eibach doesn’t have any on their website with the product number I entered. I thought maybe because they’re new. So I didn’t bother trimming the bump stops. I rode just fine afterwards. Drove about a total of 18 miles with them on, hitting pot holes (not intentionally) and going over speed bumps just fine. Didn’t hear or feel anything unusual. Do we know for certain it is required? What does it help with?

EDIT: They also didn’t come with bump stomps in the package like other sport lines do, from what I’ve seen in videos. So I’m wondering if these even need it.
I installed Eibach Sporline springs on my 2017 Sport hatch a couple of days ago and also forgot to cut the bump stops. The instructions didn't come in the box, I should've searched online. After searching about bump stops online it seems to be mixed advice depending on the manufacture.

My question is will it damage the suspension if you don't cut the bump stop or just experience a more rough ride? As many suggested I will take it in for an alignment after a few weeks of driving.

Did you end up cutting your bump stops? Did it make a difference?

RallyeRedMash

First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Here are some photos of it with the Abs Dynamics front lip if anyone is wondering clearance wise. I haven’t run into any problems clearing any bumps or driveways yet. I am more careful now though. Only thing I do see being a problem In the future are my front mud guards... they don’t have a lot of clearance from the ground. Stock wheels, stock tires, no spacers, no camber kit... yet.

308355C2-26B7-4D97-8CEF-F4264ACA3B44.jpeg
6E841A9A-59E6-4769-A649-D9BA74C2B6A3.jpeg
So, I'm wondering how the ride is on a daily basis. I'm struggling to make a choice between Pro-Kit or Sportline. I love the drop on these of course but I do want good ride quality as well. It'll definitely be stiffer but as long as they remain compliant and doesn't rattle me around and even more so when I have passengers. I would love to hear your thought on the ride!

OP
OP
PdxJose

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I installed Eibach Sporline springs on my 2017 Sport hatch a couple of days ago and also forgot to cut the bump stops. The instructions didn't come in the box, I should've searched online. After searching about bump stops online it seems to be mixed advice depending on the manufacture.

My question is will it damage the suspension if you don't cut the bump stop or just experience a more rough ride? As many suggested I will take it in for an alignment after a few weeks of driving.

Did you end up cutting your bump stops? Did it make a difference?

I still haven't trimmed the bump stops yet, just because I don't really want to do it outside of my apartment on the street lol. Eventually, I'll just head to my mom's house and use her garage and do it. Or I won't do it at all because I'm considering BC coilovers in the near future. I heard the ride can be a little rougher if you don't trim them but for me, it rides fine? Are you running a camber kit? They also recommend it, I bought some Godspeed ones but I have yet to install those too. I'm not driving a lot though due to working from home.

I think it just helps from your car bottoming out.

OP
OP
PdxJose

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So, I'm wondering how the ride is on a daily basis. I'm struggling to make a choice between Pro-Kit or Sportline. I love the drop on these of course but I do want good ride quality as well. It'll definitely be stiffer but as long as they remain compliant and doesn't rattle me around and even more so when I have passengers. I would love to hear your thought on the ride!
For me, the ride is perfectly fine. It's a little stiffer but tbh I don't really remember how the stock springs felt lol. I threw on the Sportline springs at like 1k miles lol. I think the springs are really good quality though, so far no problems. No weird noises when going over bumps or anything unusual. I will be getting coilovers in the near future though, just because I want to go a little lower and look a bit more aggressive.

Trent720

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
I’m ready to install the Sportline Springs that are specific to the Si coupe. I’m going to do the work myself, my question is, was there any problems anyone ran into installing them? Is it just plug in play type of thing? I know you need rear camber arms and an alignment. I’m going to run it without the rear camber arms for a little bit but I’m getting an alignment right away. Also, how bad/fast are my tires going to wear without the rear camber arms if I run it for like a month? I don’t drive often, since I’m working from home right now. Thanks!
You’re more determined than I am. I had the idea of doing it myself too, then I saw all the horror stories of spring compressors. The install only cost me like 180 at a reputable shop.

OP
OP
PdxJose

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You’re more determined than I am. I had the idea of doing it myself too, then I saw all the horror stories of spring compressors. The install only cost me like 180 at a reputable shop.
For $180 I would’ve gone that route as well. But, where I live, the best quote I got was $350 all because the car has the adaptive dampening system. No way I’m paying some shop $350 to change some springs and unplug some wire lol. It took me like 4 hours and a few cuts but well worth it lol. Saved some money and put that towards a front lip.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I had a buddy that kept going on about how I was going to kill myself with spring compressors.

It was far, far less risky and exciting than it's been made out to be. Using the safety locks on the compressors, taking your time to position them correctly, and applying even compression (back and forth across the two) and there was negligible risk.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Guys how many labor hours should I be charged to install the Eibach Pro kit springs, all 4 corners, just the installation thanks.

OP
OP
PdxJose

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Guys how many labor hours should I be charged to install the Eibach Pro kit springs, all 4 corners, just the installation thanks.
Shops where I live were quoting me 45mins - 1hr per strut
Sponsored